3800's

wildman2

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't go on a spending spree just yet...look what i just found..8400gs-g92?

I knew nvidea found a new cardmaker, and i wonder if this is why the teks and at evga have been telling me to wait until about 5 days before end of my step up (ends in 12/21.) Rumours are about a 512mb, and a 1gb mem card. :drool: Different versions of rumours all over the place, so it's still speculation.

I just hope they don't charge an arm and 2 legs for it, (I can only afford one leg). Or I'll have to settle for the gt that i dislike...lol.

Don't go on a spending spree just yet...look what i just found..8400gs-g92?

I knew nvidea found a new cardmaker, and i wonder if this is why the teks and at evga have been telling me to wait until about 5 days before end of my step up (ends in 12/21.) Rumours are about a 512mb, and a 1gb mem card. :drool: Different versions of rumours all over the place, so it's still speculation.

I just hope they don't charge an arm and 2 legs for it, (I can only afford one leg). Or I'll have to settle for the gt that i dislike...lol.

8400GS has been out for a long time...it's a peice of .. I think they're OEM only cards that Dell, HP and the like use so they can say "Oh look, DX10!" They are available in 512mb but they are realllllly low end cards.

8400GS has been out for a long time...it's a peice of .. I think they're OEM only cards that Dell, HP and the like use so they can say "Oh look, DX10!" They are available in 512mb but they are realllllly low end cards.

Nvidia preps early launch of G98 in December; adds UMC as foundry partner

Printer friendly

Related stories

Comments

Email to a friend

Latest news

Related topic: Hot systems

Advertisement

Monica Chen, Taipei; Esther Lam, DIGITIMES [Friday 16 November 2007]

Nvidia will launch its new G98 GPU in early December according to sources at Taiwan-based graphics card makers. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) and United Microelectronics Corporation (UMC) will both serve as foundries for the new chip, they added.

The 65nm-made G98 was set for launch in January 2008, a time-frame that is close to the launch schedule of rival AMD's RV620, but thanks to the buoyant sales of G80 and growing attention for the G92, Nvidia is preparing to launch the G98 sooner than originally planned, the sources said.

The official name for G98 will be the GeForce 8400GS, the sources revealed.

Concerned over a future ramp of GPUs, including the G92, for the mainstream market, as well as possible capacity shortages at TSMC, Nvidia will also place G98 foundry orders at TSMC's rival UMC, the sources remarked.

Doesn't sound like an old card to me, maybe I'm missing something here. I'll see if i can get some info from my buddy that is a mod at evga.

Edit; I just checked the available 8400gs cards and they are old, but they only come in 128mb or 256 mb, so i think you might have the wrong card.

Respect,

jaz

Huh...look like we caught somebody BSing or someone made a mistake. Thanks for posting that momoceio. I will be wary in what card I'm going to step up to. A lot of people are talking about new gts cards over at the evga forums, so i will be careful not to get the 8400gs.

Still a lot of rumours flying around, apparently...even false info from what looks like a credible source. Again, nice catch, momoceio. :)

Think i'll just observe until i see the card(s) actually listed.

I only have until 12/21, but you got a really good chance at getting one of a choice of awesome cards i hear are being released after my time ends. I hope you can get a real good deal on a great card. Good luck! :)