Corsair Xms Twinx 1024 3200ll Bios Readings

emissary

Does anyone know what the default readings are for this type of memory when they are plugged into an Asus A7N8X Dlx?

I am getting 7 3 3 2.5, yet on the Corsair website it says they runn at 6 3 2 2.

I run a Barton 2500 oced to 3200 11X200.

When I put the 'By SPD' option in the bios it reads as 166, is something wrong here?

Emissary

:unsure:

Does anyone know what the default readings are for this type of memory when they are plugged into an Asus A7N8X Dlx?

I am getting 7 3 3 2.5, yet on the Corsair website it says they runn at 6 3 2 2.

I run a Barton 2500 oced to 3200 11X200.

When I put the 'By SPD' option in the bios it reads as 166, is something wrong here?

Emissary

:unsure:

well many mobos will read it wrong... if your running it at a 200fsb the setting u want will be cas2:3:3:11 and just manually set that. what revision are they ? it shuold say on the sticks. rev 1.** or rev 2.**... the rev 1 is what u want like me.

dont run it SPD.// run it at 100% sync.

im able to run dual channel 2:2:2:** at 2.8v

edit* i just saw u said its the LL ... u should be able to run 2:2:2:** at 2.7v no problem ... even 2.8v is still covered under corsairs life time warranty. motherboards are not that smart.. manually set your timmings. u will get a great boost from 2.5:3:3:7 to 2:2:2:11

Edited by C0DE

no it wouldnt.. i have the same mobo and it doesnt.

go into the bios set the ram to 100% sinc and the timming to 2:2:2:11 (11 = tras) and set the ram voltage to 2.7v and then run the memtest86 to check make sure its stable. (there is a memtest iso if u dont have a floppy drive to creat a boot disk) when u get the iso just right click on it and open it with whatever burning device u have to make it into a bootable cd.

if u get errors then run it 2.8v which is still covered by corsairs warranty.. if you dont beleave me ask the corsair RAMGUY in his forums.

also the reason for higher tras is because at a 200fsb 11 seems to yield the best performance.. for more results of this aspect of the nforce2 chipset go here for information.

hope that helps :D

Yeah I have the same board- When I put in my ram- it read 2-2-2-5 as default- and therefore won't boot. Changed it by SPD then it booted. I had to manually change it to 2-2-2-6 which the default on mushkin ram. I had to go mushkin site for more info- Found out that It is not the ram but Asus bios configuration that has not been addressed correctly and advised to manually put in the figures using user defined for the correct speed. You will have to manually put in the figures then check with memtest for stability.

What I don't understand is why when I put the setting to detect 'By SPD' it only comes up as 166, this should be 200 as this memory is default 200, no?

I think the memory is not what it appears.

well what is your fsb at? 11 x 200? then set it to 100sinc and it should be 200. and set then your timmings to 2:3:2:7 and run memtest86 to make sure you have what u have... simple.

What I don't understand is why when I put the setting to detect 'By SPD' it only comes up as 166, this should be 200 as this memory is default 200, no?

Well if you did set it at by spd it should read 200-unless you got a mislabeled ram and it is only a 2700ddr. You might have to recheck the ram and look at what it says. Maybe the labels may have been tampered with from where you bought it. Just a thought- seems pretty fishy to me.

1. if u can get it to run 2:2:2:11 at a 200fsb with no errors then it is what it is... there is no pc2700 that will run those speeds with those timmings.

2. if your still not convinced ask the RAMGUY in the Corsair forums.