[Resolved] Stack overflow

fariss

I'm getting this error mesaage when IE 7 opens to portal page (CNN):

Stack overflow at line: 77

Any ideas what's causing this?

Is that the only web address that causes the IP stack overflow? When was the last time you did some housekeeping on your temporary internet files and cookies. That is certainly the first place I'd start. I'd also download both Adaware SE Personal and Spybot S&D Search and Destroy. Run both of those applications and let them do their jobs.

And when I'm speaking of housekeeping, I'm not just referring to using the built-in delete browsing history and cookies available in IE. I'm talking about manually navigating to the appropriate folders and deleting junk. If you need help with that let me know.

There is also another utililty called QuickWiper. It is available for a thirty day free trial period and can be found here;

http://www.quickwiper.com/solutions/explorer-clean-up.htm

Give all these recommendations a go and see if that doesn't correct your problem.

Regards

Only the CNN portal causes the error.

I keep my internet use very tidy. Generally clean things up daily.

The 1st thing I tried was Spybot. Didn't help.

QuickWiper also had no luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in answering. Work keeps getting in the way.

I unistalled Java apps, waited for IE7 to ask me to install it again (when browser required it). I think a Java update somehow corrupted the original install. Hasn't been a problem since.

I also used QuickWiper. I'd try running QuickWiper 1st & then the above procedure. That's what I did.

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Use the Windows "Add/Remove" Programs tool.

1. Click the Windows Start Button

2. Click the Settings Tab

3. Click the Control Panel Tab

4. Double click the Add/Remove Programs control panel icon

5. The Add/Remove Program panel displays a list of software on your system. Click each of the Java related installations and updates and choose to remove them. Reboot.