Don't you wish you could warn everybody about buying a machine from a

nghisus

How many times has somebody told you they just bought a new computer from Worst Buy or Short Circuit City and you just cringe because you know for what they spent you could have built them twice the machine?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the other hand, fixing all those crap name machines has made me a lot of money. I love when people I don't know buy that stuff and it comes pre-loaded with bloatware.

The only time it kind of upsets me, is when it's people I've known for years, who know I can build them a system for a fraction of the cost.

Well, it's not all that bad for people who don't want to hassle with having warranties from 10 different companies for the parts in their system. For most people, a cheap eMachines or Compaq is fine for what they need. BestBuy and CC have actually had some decent prices too since Dell is so low they needed to compete.

Tough to build somebody a brand new system for $400 that includes monitor, printer, and OS.

Once they get up into the $800 range though, that's where it becomes frustrating. Over $2000 and I stop caring about those people. Permanently.

Tough to build somebody a brand new system for $400 that includes monitor, printer, and OS.

Once they get up into the $800 range though, that's where it becomes frustrating. Over $2000 and I stop caring about those people. Permanently.

You're right about that. I'm not referring to the budget systems but more so the high end systems. We can't compete with economy of scale. A lot of people already have monitors and peripherals from a previous system and when they spend the 800 and up they're usually upgrading. I'm saying, for 800 bucks we can build anything that destroys what's sitting at best buy or compusa. Haha, 2k would buy a lot of nice parts for a custom build indeed hahahahaha. Instead they go and spend it on something silly like an Alienware, blah!

What's even more annoying was when manufacturers including dell refused to put at least 512 RAM in any of their systems. IMO I don't care if you're just surfing the net or word processing, anything less than 512 is unusable.

I have come to recommend that they DO buy from HP, DEll, etc. since most of the people I know don't know jack about computers and I dont have the time to hand hold them.

Also, most of the big box stores give a pretty good deal considering that most setups come complete, monitor, keybord, etc., hell some even come with printers and cameras.

I have come to recommend that they DO buy from HP, DEll, etc. since most of the people I know don't know jack about computers and I dont have the time to hand hold them.

Also, most of the big box stores give a pretty good deal considering that most setups come complete, monitor, keybord, etc., hell some even come with printers and cameras.

True enough. I don't have the time to fix problems on their computers either. Let a company with a dedicated department deal with them.

True....If it's one thing I have learned from being MS Registered is that it's better for the General population to buy a prebuilt....

The only time I build a fresh PC for a customer is for one that is PC literate....

It's one of the MS EULA that the person who installs the OS is the tech suport for that PC....

There has been a couple of exceptions where i have built a rig and sent the customer on his way with OS in hand and had them install it on their own....just me...I aint got time to babysit....I do that enough at home...;)