Sign in to follow this  
mentul

Same GPU, different MFG/Speeds?

I'm thinking of getting another 8800GTS 640MB to run in SLi instead of upgrading since they will be sold almost as cheap as dirt. I saw one on sale in my area for 200 bucks (New supposedly) but it's BFG and my card is from eVGA. It wouldn't make much of a difference would it?

In most cases SLI works with cards from different manufacturers; if the cards are clocked differently then it'll use the speeds of the lower clocked card.

To guarantee compatibility you can always flash them to the same BIOS (see the nVidia overclocking tutorial linked in my sig)

In most cases SLI works with cards from different manufacturers; if the cards are clocked differently then it'll use the speeds of the lower clocked card.

To guarantee compatibility you can always flash them to the same BIOS (see the nVidia overclocking tutorial linked in my sig)

Sweet guide, rado! Definitely bookmarking so I can reference when I add the 2nd card :)

I am currently running one eVga 7800GT and one Biostar 7800GT in my system in a SLI setup no issues just downclocks my eVga to match to Biostar.

I like your sig. Big TF2 fan are we. I think I played with a guy with that name before.