Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

ArchVile

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been playing online and just clicked on one of the servers playing search and destroy. I got lucky and been playing with some guys who's lowest level is mid 40's, and there I was just running around like a headless chicken, LOL he he he. But the guys I was playing with are very cool though and now I'm level 20 I think and gotten used to the flow of the game, not running around like a chicken anymore. My greatest satisfaction is ambushing level 55 guys, and have done a bit of sniping with great effect.

When you get the overkill perk which means you can carry 2 main weapons sniping is more fun when you have an P90 as backup in case they start and get too close.

I might reset my stats and play from scratch, the game losses something when you have all the unlocks. It should be a lot harder to progress than it is. Still a great game though and very very addictive :D

just finished the SP and its was fantastic. Very short unfortunately and some of the cut scenes were a little surprising and emotive. This I take to be testimony to a good game as you can easily buy into it. Shame it was so short, I reckon with at least double the missions, probably triple, it would have been generally ranked as superior to Crysis.

I won't be doing MP but this isn't a problem as I got the game 2nd hand from a mate. I'm also a total noob at online and find that my family doesn't appreciate the need for me to be locked away for at least an hour or so.

Online play is extremely addictive, The best experience is with no more than 16 player servers, don't go in the 50 players its just full of people with the 3 grenade perk all throwing them at once or 15 people "camping" the spawn sites and it all comes down to luck.

With 16 player or even lower the games best features open up and the perks begin to be useful, you can hear footsteps better so you can put a few rounds through a wall to kill the other players. Sniping is way more fun cause you get some time before you get over run. Airstrikes need to be placed in the right position and not just over your enemies spawn point. The UAV jammer perk that makes you invisible to enemy radar is useless when there are 25 teammates running all around you, with small servers you can make it useful cause no one is near you to alert the other side. The whole stealth play is by far the best feature of this game but with large servers its a wasted benefit.

It was the same in BF2, if you go into a 64 player server you get all manner of idiots complaining this person or that person is cheating cause they just stand in one spot and throw grenades until they hit something. Smaller servers mean you need some sort of plan. I love both game's but there is alway's gonna be morons who spoil it for everyone else but you can avoid them by not going into the large capacity servers.

The good thing about COD4 is your only competing with yourself there is no online data base that makes people cheat for points like point farmers in BF2 so they can seem all superior to another player at a lower rank.

I thought it was stupid at first that it is so easy to hit level 55 and get all the perks but it actually evens out cause like 80% of players are level 55 now so there is no telling who is a noob or who has just had the game for 2 weeks.

The single player was awesome and well made, lol but it had to end sometime I think it felt so short cause it was so much fun. On the strength of COD4 I would buy COD5 without even playing a Demo, they just keep knocking them out of the park. If they could incorporate vehicles and aircraft the game would be a marker for other games. At the minute I think BF2 still has that in the bag.