nVidia Graphics card overclocking tutorial

radodrill

There is something fishy with my 8800GTS and the 163.71 driver pack when it comes to the Sedona/Coolbits hack.

You can't apply the overclock without testing it first. And whenever you try to test it the failure comes up. I'll poke around in the registry and driver files to see if I can find a way to turn off the test feature when I get some time.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The artifact scanner in ATITool comes in very handy as well (even though ATITool itself is completely incompaitable with my 8800GT-it was compatible with my 8800GTS though, so that should serve 99% of users). It manages to heat my card up MORE than Crysis-which is saying something.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RandallTank
There is something fishy with my 8800GTS and the 163.71 driver pack when it comes to the Sedona/Coolbits hack.

You can't apply the overclock without testing it first. And whenever you try to test it the failure comes up. I'll poke around in the registry and driver files to see if I can find a way to turn off the test feature when I get some time.

yea been having trouble with the failure problem aswell

• 3 months later...

But it is always stressful. And my original bios off the card had the EXTRA field filled in with the stock clocks and when i filled in the 3d it stayed at stock clocks so i had to flash it again. No biggie but in your tutorial the extra had no figures in it.

The cards I have all showed the clocks in the 3D section and I just changed those to the desired values.

Not sure why mine was there but it is all in the 3d now and everything is awesome. Scored 14009 in 34mark06 so i am happy now. i know the synthetic benchmarks dont mean anything. But it is nice to know where your rig stacks with everyone else's.