"in Your Face Flanders!" (5.1ghz Ocdb Entry)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys. At the moment, it looks like i am around the limit of the cpu :sad:. But with a bit of delving deeper into the bios it may be possible to get a bit higher. But as i run the clock 24/7, i don't really want to hit it with much more vcore if i can help it. It would be nice to get it at 4.3gig though :nod:

Guest r3d c0m3t
OK, decided to go for 4.3ghz. Early days yet, but it looks promising.

normal_4_3-test.JPG

At the rate you're going, you'd might as well go for 5GHz! :nod:

At the rate you're going, you'd might as well go for 5GHz! :nod:

Ermmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!! Well as you mentioned it :) as they say "this is one i prepared earlier" Must admit , i've never tried booting at 5ghz, got to be worth a go though :nod:

normal_Dual-Pi-4_5-32m.JPG

As it happens, 4.3ghz did'nt go the distance. So i'm giving it another shot with a bit more NBvcore this time.

If you're hitting a CPU FSB wall bump the PLL voltage up. For 24/7 don't use more then 1.70 - 1.75 volts though. More then that for a prolong period of time will hurt the processor.

If you're hitting a CPU FSB wall bump the PLL voltage up. For 24/7 don't use more then 1.70 - 1.75 volts though. More then that for a prolong period of time will hurt the processor.

As it happens Praz, i just bumped the PLL voltage up to 1.75v. After reading the links you posted about it, take it from me, it won't be going any higher under any circumstances :). Below is a list of all the set voltages at the moment:

CPU VID.............................1.6V

CPU VID SPECIAL ADD...........103.07%

SB 1.05 VOLTAGE.................1.15V

SB CORE/CPU PLL VOLTAGE....1.75V

NB CORE VOLTAGE................1.82V

CPU VTT VOLTAGE................1.58V

VDROOP DISABLED

Hey just an idea is there an Intel 4GHz club yet?

Like back in the old days with the AMD 3Ghz club.

I know its still a bit of an ask unless you're on phase but Im sure it will be more achievable with 45nm products.

Hey just an idea is there an Intel 4GHz club yet?

Like back in the old days with the AMD 3Ghz club.

I know its still a bit of an ask unless you're on phase but Im sure it will be more achievable with 45nm products.

Thing is that it is not that hard at all....seemed like the 3Ghz club, "back in the day" seemed more of an achievement compared to now when an idiot like me can hit 4Ghz without a problem.