Sign in to follow this  
Guest retratserif

What in your opinion is the Best SLI mobo?

Guest Retratserif

I am looking at Asus X38 model atm for 8800GT's and a 6750.

Please all opinions will be looked at. I am just planning out my next PC.

My Current PC will be revamped depending on what BFG sends me back Wensday. I sent off my 2nd 7900gt. It died. Red and Green dots everywhere.

So I think a Opty 175 for that will cap it out. I will adding a gig to it also. Everything is ready to go with it. So if I get a 7950 back, I will add another 7950 to it and give it to my GF.

But for the future PC, It will be in my current case and water cooling.

The X38 will not support SLI.

The latest SLI motherboards available are using the nVidia 6xx series chipsets. I just got the DFI 680i board myself and really like it.

little birdie told me the 790-series chipset will be out before the end of the year :)

I heard that too; but until it's been officially announced I'll say that it'll be available "Tuesday"

Guest r3d c0m3t

Well, for starters you could take a look at the EVGA 122-CK-NF63-TR, it's a good overclocker as I've read through countless reviews, and aside from the more expensive boards, it's definitely a most valuable option amongst the SLI crew.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813188019

There are a lot of options for what you're aiming toward, but this board has definitely gotten cheaper last time I saw it.

Guest Retratserif

Ok, to rephrase the question...

A really good overclocking SLI mobo for 2 8800gt's. I already have a Water Chill pump, Dual Rad, Single Rad, 2 VGA blocks, NB Block, 775 lid for my 939 Block and 9 120mm fans... All Asetek water parts and Thermalright/Antec Fans.

I am looking for the best OC and SLI support for either a 6750 or Quad Core.

I will be using Raid 0, 2x250gb WD Caviar's for Dual Boot Vista 64/XP Pro 32.

All of this in an Antec 180. Well the Dual Rad is going to be on the back as normal.

I am looking to get if possible 3.6 Dual Core speeds, or 3.2-3.4 Quad Core speeds.

This is my current setup style... more or less. Of course the parts are slightly different, but it looks the same..

http://www.magnatique.com/devsh0p/wc/04.jpg

If I am asking to much from a mobo, just set me straight... I will be reading reviews and other forums as much as I can between now and when my budget is straight.

The board r3d recommended is what I have coming. it took a while to find as tiger driect has it listed differently than Newegg does (I hate it when they do that).

All reports are that it is an excellent overclocker when it comes to SLI boards.

Guest Retratserif

Looks good, going to dig up tunings, and current stable OC's with it. Also to see if my water blocks are going to fit it.