Sign in to follow this  
godlyatheist

silence and boost my computer plz!!

Okay, the noise generated from my computer is driving me insane now. My rig is about a foot and half away from me on the desk. The fan noises are just too annoying for me to study while having it on. The fans I have are Vantec Stealth 120mm and 80mm, Yate Loon 120mm, stock video card cooler, and the fan from the psu. I bought those fans cause they were suppose to be *really* quite, but they are not! I just don't trust "super quite fans" any more. My current solution is to at least replace the gpu stock cooler with Accelero S1 to reduce the noise a little. However, I don't know what to do about the other fans. Any ideas?

After replace the chipset cooler with hr-05 sli, i plugged my front fan into its header, now it takes 10-12 seconds to just get the post screen. Is it draining too much power from my mobo? maybe a cheapo fan controller to fix it?

Accelero will definitely make your gpu silent (used them on a couple of X1900XT's and a 7800GT).

For fans, click my SVC link and look for the Sunbeam fan controller. 4-channel, very powerful (20w power per channel), and super-bright led's (red = 1% to 49%, blue = 50% to 100%). That will be the cheapest and easiest way to go about it first. Also while you are at SVC, check in the accessories/cables for 12" 3-pin fan power extenders, Y-adapters for 3-pin fan power splitting, 3 pin to 4 pin adapters and vice-versa, etc to make sure you got everything you need.

You can also try purchasing some cheap rubber washers at the local hardware store and placing them between between the fan and the chasis on every screw. Do it for all the fans and between the PSU and the chasis also. Thats what I do to all my PC's and it seems to help in addition to quiet 21db fans.

If you dont mind modding your case you can cut away the mesh at the back of the fans. it increases airflow and will allow you to drop the fan speeds with a considerable reduction in noise too

Sign in to follow this