Early Week #8 smack, news & notes

Angry_Games

Unbelievable. After a disappointing week 8 the football gods are against me again. Projected for over 100 points while The Bacon was projected for half of that. I had the go ahead in EVERY SINGLE category but tight end.

What happens? The Broncos decide to get whooped by Detroit 44-7 and in the process the Lions put up 29 friggin' points on defense. Who has the Lions defense? Non other than The Bacon.

How about my star back Tomlinson? Minnesota is ranked second best against the run but when the hell was the last time LT put up a measly 40 yards on the ground? The Vikings did play an excellent game but 40 yards? They could have put a guy in a wheelchair as running back and made more than 40 total rushing yards.

Unless the Steelers banged up defense can hold McNair from making 4 fantasy points I'm hooped. Unbelievable.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just don't get too comfortable dudes.

I may need you to scoot over so I can get in :D

Owens and Witten killed me.

It ain't over til the fat lady sings, but Andrew looks like he's got a good shot at taking me down.

(Shut Up Biatch!)

Man, it would be great if the game was snowed out.

Or the teams were captured by gypsies or sumthin'.

Anyone know the number to Rent-A-Gypsy?

EDIT: NVM - found it. was under 1-800-GYP-SIES.

you can buy them too :)

Unbelievable. After a disappointing week 8 the football gods are against me again. Projected for over 100 points while The Bacon was projected for half of that. I had the go ahead in EVERY SINGLE category but tight end.

What happens? The Broncos decide to get whooped by Detroit 44-7 and in the process the Lions put up 29 friggin' points on defense. Who has the Lions defense? Non other than The Bacon.

How about my star back Tomlinson? Minnesota is ranked second best against the run but when the hell was the last time LT put up a measly 40 yards on the ground? The Vikings did play an excellent game but 40 yards? They could have put a guy in a wheelchair as running back and made more than 40 total rushing yards.

Unless the Steelers banged up defense can hold McNair from making 4 fantasy points I'm hooped. Unbelievable.

Lol. I was watching another game when I saw the dominance of the Lions and was like "did anybody even bother to play their D?" Of course the answer was yes.

I also can't appreciate enough that the Vikings BACKUP outran Tomlinson on the ground. In addition to their starter making LT seriously consider suicide, that's gotta be a deal breaker right there.

Got my butt spanked once again! I figured it would have been a little closer but who would have thunk that AP would get 46 friggin points. Man he's good.

I'll be in that losers lounge with you Nero.

When all the games were at halftime we were damn close if you were watching. Favre was killing me and LJ and AP were only doing so-so. Then they all stepped up, and Patten joined the party too. stupid Dallas Clark, as soon as I trade for him he becomes the worst fantasy player on my team. Shoulda known somebody from Iowa would suck it up for me.

just don't get too comfortable dudes.

I may need you to scoot over so I can get in :D

Owens and Witten killed me.

It ain't over til the fat lady sings, but Andrew looks like he's got a good shot at taking me down.

(Shut Up Biatch!)

Man, it would be great if the game was snowed out.

Or the teams were captured by gypsies or sumthin'.

Anyone know the number to Rent-A-Gypsy?

EDIT: NVM - found it. was under 1-800-GYP-SIES.

you can buy them too :)

Hey don't worry sound you still have a chance albeit not a good chance and as for the gypsies I wouldn't trust them.

Guest Buckstitch
It ain't over til the fat lady sings

Do I here the fat lady warming up?

yep LOL :nod::nod:

Lol. I was watching another game when I saw the dominance of the Lions and was like "did anybody even bother to play their D?" Of course the answer was yes.

I also can't appreciate enough that the Vikings BACKUP outran Tomlinson on the ground. In addition to their starter making LT seriously consider suicide, that's gotta be a deal breaker right there.

Yah tell me about it. Peterson put down 296 yards on 30 carries with three touchdowns. In one game he puts up a third of his total yards this year and in the process makes LT look like a little beeotch. C'mon LT make a case for all those stupid commercials you're in!

BTW your welcome for Jones. I had a tough time deciding who to drop last week so I could put GB's kicker on my roster for Monday's game. I shouldn't have had to in the first place because even with Folk on a bye week I was suppose to dominate my match up. But nope I lost by one point AND Jones decides to finally show up the week I drop him. See how the stars are aligned against me? Was going to pick him up again but I wasn't in a rush and you beat me to it. Now hopefully that explosive game was a blip on the radar and he decides to stay cold like most of the year.

Yeah I made the huge mistake of dropping Jennings afew weeks ago...I just couldn't hold onto him through one of my bye weeks and sorta felt I should have both him and Favre...if Favre does poorly he'd take a receiver with him. Bad for scoring.

My receiving squad (with the possible exception of Dallas Clark and Deion Branch, should he EVER decide to come back) is so damn weak, it's pathetic - I pretty much need Peterson to keep having 30+ point games just to make up for the lack of game I've got. His schedule is such that I can see it happening again, especially now that Childress isn't a complete dumbass and actually realizes the potential the kids got.

In any case, I'm glad I picked up Priest Holmes a couple weeks ago is LJ stays out - I'm looking for his career to pick up right where he left off. :D

BTW, how the hell did you get 3 top backs and 2 top receivers?

Yeah buddy, but I think you might have mistaken who she's singing at

It ain't over yet buddy, check the score. ;)

Edit:

That goes for you too Trooper, dear lord.

Haha don't jinx me. I still don't have high hopes but my heart is beating a bit faster. I'll have high hopes with two more interceptions/fumbles, no touchdowns, and only a quarter left.