First 8800GT 512 review?

Repr

THe 7900 series coolers fit (same mounting holes), but not the full-cover styles.

That's what i meant...thanks for noticing, Wangerin. My mistake. Don't wanna post misinformation. :dog:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I ran some benches with the current system (details below) with the 8800GT .

Overall, I am pretty impressed, especially considering that the numbers I am comparing it against were my system not running at it's best. That is mostly due to the damn BIOS resettign itself every time I unplug the PSU...guess I should check that battery.

Anyway, here are the next to useless 3D mark scores as well as a few game tests.

30Mark2001 SE - from 25786 to 30147

3DMark03 - 22856 to 32920

3Dmark05 - 11164 to 12198

3Dmark06 - 6959 to 8284

Game tests -

Fear - 52/94/180 to 56/106/192

HL2 Lost Coast Stress test 87.52 FPS average to 97.89

I bet they killed Kenny too :P

I bet they did.

I saw cards that also included Quake Wars and CoH...I thought the COH was odd, since the game is what, over a year old?. Then I recalled that it had a DX10 patch come out recently and it all made sense.

Considering the markups the 8800 GT is sellign at, a freebie is a nice....not that one came with my new card!

Not that I NEED another freebie game...after all, isn't getting Dues Ex : Invisible War enough of an insult?

Guest ElAguila

Yep I am setting here wondering which nephew to give Quake Wars to as I don't play and wishing they would have had the Crysis bundled with mine. I am hoping the G92 GTS's come out during my step up time frame. I am also hoping that the prices stay within reason. I am awful temped to when I get my Q6600 to save up and move to Crossifre with twin 3800 cards but we shall see.

Guest Lord Sauron
Huh? Which brand.....:confused:

ordered my 8800GT off of www.bestbuy.com

BFG Tech 8800GT OC 249.99 + shipping + tax = 277.54. Cheaper then anyone else atm and love BFG Techs Life Time Warranty. Much better then EVGA setup program to me anyways.

Thats only $2 cheaper than they were last week. Mind you, you couldnt get shipping online you had to get them in the stores. Now that they are available online, they are now on backorder for 2 weeks!... Oh and now they offer free shipping !!.. Shame you cant get them.. Worst thing they did was stick them for sale online.

I'm glad I walked into BestBuy and bought mine last week. Newegg is constantly out of stock and when they are in stock (Auto Notify) they are sold out by the time I check the site.. Now Best Buy is the same.

For the record I paid $279.99, walked out of store with Card in a Best Buy Baggie and couldnt wait to get home to try it out...

Now I just need my Q6600 Intel Upgrade for Xmas and I am all good to go, for a while at least.