First 8800GT 512 review?

Repr

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whelp......ordered a 8800 GT Superclocked direct from EVGA on Monday. $279.99 + free shipping, EVGA shipped Tuesday, I'll see it, tentatively, on next Monday. I'll be EB'ing my trusty GX2.

The Thermalright HR-03 GT looks like a great cooler! Looks like a new cooler for the new card right off the bat!

The Thermalright HR-03 GT looks like a great cooler! Looks like a new cooler for the new card right off the bat!

the cooler sure looks like worth getting, especially at full speed my evga 8800gt sounds like a full squadron of apachees in my case. shame its even harder to find for the moment then a 8800gt. and that wasnt all easy either

If you don't mind saying, what did you pay for the GTS in your sig?

Let's see...I'm digging out my reciept...$324.99. Sh. was like just over $6.

I don't think there was any rebates and no games included. :dog:

Any cooler other than the double cooler that exausts hot air (which i do sometimes..heh) will warm up your case. I'm surpirsed Arctic cooling hasn't jumped on the 8800 bandwagon. They used to make great coolers. My old 9800pro used to get really hot oc'ed and the AC was great. I still have it and it still works.

Let's see...I'm digging out my reciept...$324.99. Sh. was like just over $6.

I don't think there was any rebates and no games included. :dog:

Well....that's not "TOO" bad in comparison. I guess GTX and Ultra users may feel a bit more slighted. Now, all I need to do is to talk my boss into letting me buy 2 of these, SLI them, and test Corsair products with Crysis.

Now, all I need to do is to talk my boss into letting me buy 2 of these, SLI them, and test Corsair products with Crysis.

Tell him it's so you can showcase how well the lower wattage power supplies handle the cards crossfired. :)

I've read quite a few review sites that show sli isn't much better unless you're running at higher rez and/or using more than one monitor or a big one. I mean 24" widescreen or bigger. and using aa and af.

As a matter of fact, a couple show a single gtx do better than 2gts's 640mb AND 2 gt's in sli. I've called evga quite a few times, tesing their tek support and trying to make up my dumb-butt mind about what to set up to, and every tek i talked to told me NOT do do sli, just get a single gtx.

Don't mean to sound like a broken record, but i have this posted somewhere else in the forum.

Found the review. Can't vouch for it's credibility, but it's a popular, well know website that i have never hear any criticizm about.

GT-gtx-gts comparisons