need some help here

jixmixfix

Ok i tried setting the ram timings to 5,5,5,15 and raising the volts to 2.15, the bus speed is 373 right now, with 100omv+ to the cpu v core. It booted up at 2.6Ghz

Happy days bud, all you got to do now is tweak it & check for stability.

I still have my 975X/G in 24/7 use at my work its a great board that runs flawlessly & is rock solid stable.

Also I am not sure sure if you are aware but Intel have changed the C2D specs & 1.5v is now within spec see here http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SL9SA

One more thing when you are all tweaked out & happy with it try the C1E option in the BIOS, it works real good on the 975 & will take the extra voltage & overclock off the CPU when its running at idle.

CN.

hey chump I can boot up and run my c2d at 2.6 fine even at 1.3 volts. The thing is when i restart my computer it keeps on restarting itself over and over about 5 or 6 times until it is able to load up everything what is that about? is my cpu at too high of a temperature to start up because of the overclock?

Sorry for the late reply, I have been busy this weekend & although I sat down 3 or 4 times to reply to you I was interrupted & gave up.

hey chump I can boot up and run my c2d at 2.6 fine even at 1.3 volts. The thing is when i restart my computer it keeps on restarting itself over and over about 5 or 6 times until it is able to load up everything what is that about?

I haven't had any issues like this other than when its overclocked too far & it just plain fails to boot.

Is my CPU at too high of a temperature to start up because of the overclock?

I very much doubt it all my CPU's could easily do 3GHz rock solid Prime95/Orthos stable on there stock heatsinks.

So i'm guessing switching the C1E option in the bios on auto reduces some Cpu load?

Firstly most overclockers would tell you to disable this feature as they believe it is just one more unnecessary burden on the CPU & one more possible cause of instability.

I disagree & have used the C1E function on just about every board I have ever had provided it worked properly. Many boards C1E functions just reduce the multiplier to save power which is fine but not really something I am too fussed about (shame on me). What I am fussed about is the CPU voltage & this is where the 975X/G's C1E feature wins.

The 975X/G will reduce the CPU multiplier which reduces the CPU speed & then in turn the board will reduce the CPU voltage considerably to suit. For me the voltage reduction part of the C1E function was great as I run my 975X/G 24/7 & @ 3.7GHz 1.5375v & the function reduced the voltage down to about 1.3v ish when the PC was running light load (web surfing) or at idle.

In addition to keeping the PC cooler the use of the C1E feature also kept my office cooler too.

I say if it works use it don't just disable it because its what every one else does.

CN :)

I'm also using the C1E function on my 975X/G (based largely on Chump's findings on his board back when he was slamming the Intel overclocking database with huge overclocks:))

That function also works just great on my INF 975X/G E6600 Conroe combination.

It is a nice feature, and if it works with your cpu and board without any issues I'd agree with Chump and say use it.

No worries about not answering soon enough man, you've been great help to me and anyone reading this forum I appreciate it. Well at 2.6 the temperature is about 53 C idle and 63 on full load( playing a game). It works really well at 2.6 the only problem is the occasional boot up/ restart problem I have here and there, not sure what i should do fix this. Funny thing is everything is running at default volts except for the ram which is going at 2.15 volts. My Vcore, chipset and VTT is all running on default volts. Maybe I should increase the voltage of my chipset? I noticed with he C1E function turned on it sets the multiplier to 6.0 instead of 7.0 and takes away a bit of the over clock on Idle it reduces the overclock from 2.6 to 2.3, it's a good feature.

hey wevsspot what number is bios version 2/27/2007 I have the same one it doesen't say on the DFI site. Is that the newest official BIOS?

No 10/12/07 is the latest official BIOS release. The file name for the 2/27/07 BIOS is 97TID227.

Here is a complete list of BIOS revisions and downloads for the INF 975X/G board;

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bios..._FLAG=A&SITE=US