Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Rock Band - MOST AWESOME GAME EVER!

Guitar still hasn't come back from RMA, and my drum pedal is about to break. Meh.

Anyone have any problem when trying to do expert or hard where you get the fast snare drum, and when you actually try to do it fast, nothing happens?

sounds like your drumpad(s) might be going out. Thankfully I've had zero problems with any hardware other than initial guitar failure.

we play every Saturday for 4-6 hours (momma, me, and 2 friends), so I know we are abusing the hell out of the equipment.

There's a mod you can do yourself to your drum pedal that adds a light metal brace to it to keep it from snapping in half. Separate guitars should be on sale very soon.

I saw a guitar that Peavey was going to make for GH that was going to cost $400 (was actually on the CES) outrageous. Think I'm going to RMA the drumset too, but I'm going to do it the fast way.

Do you play drums on hard? or expert? Do you know what I'm talking about?

I saw a guitar that Peavey was going to make for GH that was going to cost $400 (was actually on the CES) outrageous. Think I'm going to RMA the drumset too, but I'm going to do it the fast way.

Do you play drums on hard? or expert? Do you know what I'm talking about?

I only have the Fender guitar that came with it and the white Explorers from Guitar Hero 2 that work perfectly...don't really see myself getting any new guitars for this game lol.

Definitely Express Return...much faster that way (as they are swamped with RMA's from this initial bad hardware run, but I can almost guarantee that the replacements are fantastic...my replacement guitar sure is).

I play drums all the way through on Medium, but I'm now playing Hard on the fourth tier in single player tour. I have never experienced your issue, but the rockband.com forums are full of users who have the exact same issue and it's definitely the red drum pad not working for you guys.

I searched around yesterday and found a couple things, the penny mod, take off the drum pad and under the orange sensor you place a penny, people said it got louder but I tested it out sounded the same to me. Also for my broken drum pedal, I'm going to get one of these.

It's either that or make one, and my stepdad said it wasn't worth the time or money when you can just grab one for $20.

Update: Great, my guitar is finally being shipped back to me, just got the tracking number today. Also I think the penny mod worked, when I try to do a fast drum roll, instead of getting 40% I get around 75% which is much better. I replaced the rubber pad with two pennies btw not one.

Ok got it today, and I have to say I absolutely HATE it. It's too "soft" if you know what I mean, I don't even know I'm strumming when I play. And using a pick helps a little, but my first finger hits the bar and it irritates me... I think I'm sticking to the Guitar Hero controller.

Ok got it today, and I have to say I absolutely HATE it. It's too "soft" if you know what I mean, I don't even know I'm strumming when I play. And using a pick helps a little, but my first finger hits the bar and it irritates me... I think I'm sticking to the Guitar Hero controller.

to each his own. I use a pick and the Fender is superior to any other Guitar Hero controller out there (trust me on this when you get into the hard/expert stuff, it is much more responsive than the GH controllers)

If you never use it, you will never get used to it, and by doing that, you are limiting yourself. I hated the Xbox360 Explorers at first, now I rock on them. I hated the Fender at first but now I play it better than any other of the guitars.

I bought a used PS2 strictly for Rock Band, regretting it now that I cannot buy more songs.

Ive broken 2 sets of drum sticks :lol:

I bought a used PS2 strictly for Rock Band, regretting it now that I cannot buy more songs.

Ive broken 2 sets of drum sticks :lol:

yep I've got a couple of friends that are in this same boat...they come over here and see that we've added 31 songs to the original 58 that all versions come with, and I can see the almost-boredom of rehashing the same songs over and over forever and ever lol.

I bought my used PS2 for Guitar Hero 1 & 2 so I don't feel it was a waste (those are the only two games we have for PS2 to this day haha)

but I knew Rock Band had to be a next-gen one for the downloading of new songs (thankfully Rock Band has kept their promises of lots of DLC!). On top of the DLC, the Band World Tour mode on 360/PS3 is soooo much better than the Guitar Hero-style "setlists" that you get on the PS2 version of Rock Band.

now that I've had my pedal and drum replaced, we played a bit this weekend...but now I'm scared of snapping that drum pedal all over again so it is affecting my playing (mentally) grrrr