Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Rock Band - MOST AWESOME GAME EVER!

ya it will don't worry

check out this drum mod that will make them nice and quiet:

http://community.rockband.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=13047

you can do it yourself as the instructions show for about $10-$25 depending on how much the crap is at your crafts store.

Then go to the music store and get some Tama rubber drumstick tips! ($7.00 at my local music store)

from my post over at the RB forums (which just totally revamped their site...it's AWESOME for Xbox360/PS3 as you can link your bands to your site profile and track everything)

Hey all my friends at Harmonix. I know you have been getting beaten up lately due to the broke instruments and so on. So I wanted to take the time to praise you and say thanks for the new site!! There are still some 504 error messages here and there, but I know you need a couple of days or so to get it all sorted out. I was a little impatient earlier and sent an email but all is well now. This is WAY better than the GHIII Community, as I have been waiting 3 months now for them to fix my account! Again THANKS Guys/Gals! I know you work very hard! Also tell Helen McWilliams I think she is totally HOT!!!

Thanks again you loyal fan forever

David (CENACHAINGANG54)

I gonna agree with this 100%. I don't hate on the GH3 community (I'm the leader of The Old Dudes, like 12th place on the Tour Groups list), but GH is just...guitars and stuff heh. Rock Band is a full rocking experience. This website is a lot like the GH site but already I like it much much better.

Tracking your bands, band members, ability to have profiles for all your bands, the user profile stuff we can fill out...all very great additions.

I'm one of those guys that got nailed by a broken guitar 5 songs in. Luckily I had a couple of Xbox360 Explorers and they worked actually better in Rock Band than they did in GH3 (too sensitive!). Meantime, we tried 100 different drum solutions to make them quiet...maybe you guys can work on that for the next round, eh? I had to wait 12 long days for the Fender to come back, and you know what? It's even better than the Fender that broke, and I considered that Fender the best guitar controller I'd ever put my hands on. Now I'm actually getting that damn effects switch going right as I begin solos.

Anyway, to make a short story long, the broken thing and the wait was very nasty, but I had faith the whole time that you wouldn't let EA treat us like faceless customers (heh, we sorta made sure of that by being very vocal).

I still believe that this game is the best game I've ever played, and I've been playing since Atari 2600 that my grandparents bought for us the first Xmas it was out. Great for the simple fact of a game doing exactly what the Nintendo Wii does: brings people/families together as we are all bound by the common theme of MUSIC. We don't like every song in Rock Band, and I don't like some that my gf does, and she doesn't like some that our friend John does, who differs from Larry's tastes, which vary wildly compared to Aunt Nancy who used to sing professionally...but everyone so far has found more than a few songs that they know very well and can really get into.

Harmonix definitely found the right mix of old-to-new-with-all-sorts-of-popular-genres-included that would bring all gamers who don't hate music (well, rap and country and old Lawrence Welk are excluded...they might be haters) together with people who aren't gamers but don't hate music either. Some of the older folks have been a bit embarrassed to play it for the first time in front of the rest of us (especially to sing!), but we tell them how awful we were at drums and singing at first, and they give in and next thing you know, you have to threaten them with a hammer to get them to give up an instrument.

The downloadable content has been absolutely, positively tremendous. The quality and variety are astonishing to those of us who listened to the promise of this volume of DLC from that other company over the course of two games...and yet RB already has more DLC than the other two combined.

Oh, and we told you we didn't want songs for free, but we didn't want to pay what those other dudes were charging, and we wanted singles as well as packs, and we damn well wanted some of the pack songs as singles in case we hated one or two of the other songs. You've treated us right in an incredible way with the pricing. Some might still complain, but honestly I've not really seen anything in the way of near-revolt like I did at those other guys' forums (nor the media that saw it as well). Again, we don't want free (well, once in a while you could toss one out, we dig that!), and we don't want to feel gouged, and we dang sure will pay for those MASTER tracks.

My only complaint is that like a lot of us (possibly), this housing thing has really hit our lives. She's a schoolteacher (she makes about $4 a year lol) and I'm a computer dork and we moved to a very rural area of Idaho so I'm not banging out the customers like I was up in Boise (yeah, Boise State, wow, bowl game and all that lol). This has left us short of being able to nab any DLC yet. The Metallica thing...burns....inside...must...have...JUSTICE...

Santa better get his fat butt down my gas-fireplace chimney with some Points cards or he and I are going to court. I've been a good boy this year. I bought GH3 and Rock Band and my schoolteacher wife said that both were extremely awesome purchases, most notably the Rock Band thingy. It actually outranked the Mario Party 8 I also bought her. (I'm that one jackass who has a gf who digs all the guy stuff like hockey, video games, same music as me, etc).

Note to Santa who knows when I've been posting, knows when I'm asleep, all that jazz...I'll be waiting on the back left corner of the roof after midnight on THE DAY and I WILL ambush you and take my MS points cards, even if they actually belong to little Timmy down the block (he picks his nose, gross...give him a box of Kleenex yeah?)

Anyway, to make a short story even longer, this website upgrade takes the cake. Like we knew with the peripherals getting busted and replaced, it won't all be smooth right out of the gate. You fixed me up with a killer guitar replacement and a killer game, and your parents fixed me up with a free EA game of my choice (EA NHL'08! like I would get anything other than that or Mass Effect!) for taking so long and nearly dropping the ball. Now you've given me a Guitar Hero +4 website of superior funk or whatever it would equate to in D&D/WoW terms.

My brother just bought the PS3 version. He, me, my gf, about 19 of our closest and not-so-close friends and family (like those that come out of the woodwork when you win the lottery or get a Corvette) thank you EXTREMELY MUCH for delivering on your promise. Fix up some of the issues that you couldn't get done this round and we'll come back for more repeatedly.

In the words of evil-universe Eric Cartman, "you guys kick butt!"

Travis

Carly

Mike (the brother)

I just got my 360 back from repair, and started playing Rock Band on it, only to figure out that my whammy bar makes every note I use it on appear as missed, and that the strum bar doesn't work half the time. I've been using my GH2 guitar to play it.

So basically, Harmonix will ship you a guitar, and you ship back your faulty one in that same box? Kind of like the 360 replacement procedure?

I just got my 360 back from repair, and started playing Rock Band on it, only to figure out that my whammy bar makes every note I use it on appear as missed, and that the strum bar doesn't work half the time. I've been using my GH2 guitar to play it.

So basically, Harmonix will ship you a guitar, and you ship back your faulty one in that same box? Kind of like the 360 replacement procedure?

yes, EA's support is pretty good finally (at least in this respect). The guitars from original RB retail units are defective. The replacements are incredibly awesome. I did the Express Return where you give a CC# and they give you 30 days to ship the defective one back after the replacement arrives.

i went over to my buddies house the day after christmas and saw the box sitting in the living room.... first words outta my mouth was "your a *ag". and i proceeded to lay a multitude of insults mocking him and how lame his choice in gaming was.

later that night he talked me into playing with him and his girl.

12 addicting and awesome hours later i cant stop thinking about that game. its insane how much fun i had. my voice was hoarse for 2 days. i went and told everone about it.

people dont brush this party game off. its increadibly fun. i never would have guess in a million years what an experiance this would be. +++ gaming experiance. no kidding. this is a fantastic party game.

i went over to my buddies house the day after christmas and saw the box sitting in the living room.... first words outta my mouth was "your a *ag". and i proceeded to lay a multitude of insults mocking him and how lame his choice in gaming was.

later that night he talked me into playing with him and his girl.

12 addicting and awesome hours later i cant stop thinking about that game. its insane how much fun i had. my voice was hoarse for 2 days. i went and told everone about it.

people dont brush this party game off. its increadibly fun. i never would have guess in a million years what an experiance this would be. +++ gaming experiance. no kidding. this is a fantastic party game.

I was thinking the same thing about Guitar Hero etc. Angry always hyping (is this really a word? If not I just made one up) it up and stuff. Well, i bought it for Christmas for my kids and let me tell you! My kids didn't play it too much yet because my butt is on it all the time. I beat the game on easy and medium and working on the hard level right now. What a great game!

Picked up GH3 for PS2 for my niece this X-Mas. Hell of a time trying to get one, but on the 23rd the search for the Holy Grail of games came to an end and my hair started growing back. Visited my brother,niece and sister in law this past weekend and had a chance to give the game a shot. Oh what fun! My finger tips still hurt and my strumming shoulder is on the mend. Anybody else here find this ailment? My niece did. An hour before her hockey game she started complaining about the same aches and pains. I hit the floor laughing and will most likely buy this game for my pc now that it is available. Can hardlly wait to give another go at Holiday in Cambodia and the Pistols track in the comfort of my room. Rock on...rock on...rock on!

My 360 guitar for Rock Band broke too, I requested a box last week and still haven't gotten it (don't think it has even shipped yet.) I guess they break when your try to play them like a real guitar and literally STRUM down through it instead of just hitting it. Someone should have told that to my uncle while I was at my dad's.

My 360 guitar for Rock Band broke too, I requested a box last week and still haven't gotten it (don't think it has even shipped yet.) I guess they break when your try to play them like a real guitar and literally STRUM down through it instead of just hitting it. Someone should have told that to my uncle while I was at my dad's.

nah just the first batch of guitars are faulty. The replacement you can play like a REAL guitar (I do, I use a real guitar pick and I up-strum and down-strum and gallop and everything just like a real guitar...very sturdy...but again, the originals that came with the game are NOT, they'll all break so resign yourself to getting a replacement lol)