Check out this review-I dont know

badarthur

Best price/performance for a 4GB set.

Reviewed By: on 10/16/2007

Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5

Tech Level: high - Ownership: 1 day to 1 week

Pros: Does 1066MHZ 5-5-3-15 timings with 2v, price is awsome, couldnt ask for more.

Cons: NONE!!

Other Thoughts: Core 2 Quad Q6600 (G0) @ 3.825GHZ (1.52v) w/ Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme Asus Maximus SE X38 (0401) 4GB (2x2GB) G.Skill DDR2 1000 @ 1066 (5-5-3-15) 2.1v eVGA 8800 GTX (621-1512-2160) X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro, Logitech Z-5450 Raptor 150gb-WD 250gb-Sea-250gb Samsung 18X DVD-RW (SATA) PC Power & Cooling 750 Quad BenQ FP241W 24" LCD Antec Nine Hundred Logitech G9, G15

Now this guy is saying on this review that he is running a Quad on a Thermalright 120 extreme. With comparable ram that I have at 3.8 something on this 120 extreme cpu heatsink and fan the at 1.525 ok at 1.5375 the best I can do is 3.4 without the heat going threw the roof so what do you think? is this guy full of SH** ??

Dont get me wrong if he can and if this is possible then I need to start listoning to guy's that can do this. BA -- if there are any that is.

Did you get the G0 stepping or B3? Ive only tried up to 3Ghz myself. I have been coveting a 3Ghz machine for ages and now I got one, I think anything that requires that much extra voltage to get to 3.4 or 3.6 can't be good for the life of the chip. Apparently this is the difference between G0 and B3 Quads, a few Mhz more, less Vcore and a little cooler.

Sometimes a smaller multiplier and higher FSB can jump past a bad spot on the FSB scale. I have heard of people getting failures at one FSB and stable again at an even higher one.

Now this guy is saying on this review that he is running a Quad on a Thermalright 120 extreme. With comparable ram that I have at 3.8 something on this 120 extreme cpu heatsink and fan the at 1.525 ok at 1.5375 the best I can do is 3.4 without the heat going threw the roof so what do you think? is this guy full of SH** ??

Dont get me wrong if he can and if this is possible then I need to start listoning to guy's that can do this. BA -- if there are any that is.

My work RIG (Abit IP35 Pro q6600) runs 24/7 @ 3.7GHz on a Tuniq tower & my other play rig (DFI LP P35 Q6600) runs 3.8Ghz @ 1.525v see below.

CN :)

Abit

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showpost.p...38&postcount=77

DFI

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showpost.p...69&postcount=80

I dont know mabey I just need to buy a tuniq tower or a 120 the AC7 cooler seam's to do a pretty good job and have almost the same configuration as the tuniq dose mabey im wrong. I really want the extra cooling but have never done a watter setup before and they are expensive. AT 3.4 I can run P95 the one that is for quad's just fine if I set my ram all the way down under 800. and I get almost the same 3dmark06 numbers as if I were running at 3,3 with the ram tightened up. I jsut need to spend some money on a better cooling rig and that I plan on doing just as soon as I figure what one to buy. BA