Receiver with HT speakers and computer speakers

alexfort93

Ok I just hooked up my receiver and two speakers I had from my TV that I don't use to my computer, along with the 2 speakers and sub I already had.

speakerconfig.jpg

This is what it is in the control panel, the computer speakers are going into the Line Out while the other speakers are going into Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out.

speakerconfig2.jpg

This is what it looks like if you are sitting at my desk. Not sure if this is the best solution.

Check out this web site. you can find out how to get the most out of your speaker placement by clicking on the relevant links. I linked you to the main page. This is mostly for home use, and the reason i gave you the link is to show how important it is to have your surround speakers actually surround you, not all in front of you.

Put the stereo speakers in back of you. Configure it so all the speakers outputs are balanced, (calibrated) so the sound levels are equal to your ears. The sub is non-directional, and in a perfect spot. (It's where mine is).

Hmm I would have to rearrange my furniture, currently my desk is up against a wall and behind me is the whole room, so if I did put them behind me, then they'd be right in the middle of the room. I was going to move my desk so I could be cornered and put the speakers behind me. Thanks for the link.

NP, I'm sure you'll work it out just fine. You'll be amazed at how much better it sounds, especially while gaming. You can hear people or monsters sneaking up on you and wiz 'round and shoost them! :cool:

If you don't mind me asking, what county/city do you live in? We could be living right next door to each other...lol. If you don't want to post the answer you can always pm me if you want. If not, that's fine...i won't take it personally. :D

I'm at the border of MA/NY...Berkshires. Trees...lots of trees. And mountains all around. Very boring town i live in though. Surrounded by nice cultural cites with lots to do. An hour's drive to Albany.

I was answering your post and all of a sudden as quick as a blink of an eye, I'm at my desktop!. no sound warning...nada. i got a rat in my system somwhere and it's going to take some time and experimenting to find the litle ..

Anyway's yes, it's nice out here. Hope things work out well with your surround set-up. Let us know if you have any more questions. :)