screeching sound on power off...no boot

Specs in signature + a TT 250 watt GPU PSU. Started having lock up problems playing BF2 about a month ago. So, I went into the parts box and re-installed my TT 250 watt GPU PSU, with one 6 pin from the TT, and one 6 pin from the Corsair, powering the 8800. The Corsair used to power a heavily OCed opty 170 + SLI 7900GTOs + a 4 raptor raid 0 array, so I figured I was okay from a power standpoint. Obviously I was wrong, so I added the TT. Nice stable OC with no lock-ups or any other crap...until today. Now when I hit the power button, the machine turns on - but there's no post. Monitor LED just blinks until I shut it off. When I hold the power button on the case front for shut off - it makes a kind of "screech" as the machine shuts off. I took the TT out of the equation, and I get the same thing - though there is no "screeching" when I power it off via the front case button. I tried a little CompUSA PSU tester...and all of the LEDs light up...except the "-5v". My other machine is in storage, so I don't have another PSU to test. I was a little fearful that my 8800 took a crap, until the "-5v" didn't light up on the tester.

Any similar experiences here? Is it time to test the Corsair 5 year warranty? Or is there something I'm missing? All cables are nice and tight + I have the additional molex in the board for SLI power (even though I'm using one vid card.) As far as diagnostic LEDs on the board, I have a green and amber in the upper corner...but haven't been able to find their meaning in the manual, or in a google search. Seems that they are normally on anyway, from the best I can remember.

Thanx for the assist...

UPDATE:

Dug out my other machine. Tore everything apart between the two rigs, for the purpose of testing the other PSU. It's an Ultra 550. Hooked it up...nothing. Same results as the Corsair. All lights and fans, but no picture. At this point, the TT is totally out of the equation, with all wires no longer connected. Ran the PSU tester on the Ultra to be sure - everything lights up fine, with a little beep. The instructions say that this means the PSU tests out just fine. For grins, I hooked the Corsair up to my other machine. Modest build with SLI 7800GTXs, opty 170, one HD, water pump, etc. Powered up just fine. I don't get it. According to the tester, it's got a problem, having no beep or "-5v" LED lit up. Seems to work fine on this machine. Now I'm stressing again on the 8800, or something else being screwed.

UPDATE 2:

Got down to basics. Just one stick of RAM, the D5 + I pulled my 8800, and slipped a 7800GTX into the other pci-e slot. Barebone basics - still the same end. Nothing. This doesn't rule the vid card out, as I will have to remove the WB and dig out the original cooler, and then test it in the other machine. I suppose that leaves the mobo. Which will be a major classy lady, with WBs on the NB and CPU.

So in summary:

I've tried two PSUs.

I've taken the TT PSU out of the mix.

I still have the issue of a failed PSU test on the Corsair, though it works fine in the other machine.

I've stripped the machine down to basics.

I've tried another video card.

All of this gives me a lit up, spinning fans case - with no post.

Should I be looking at my mobo at this point? I have an MATX mobo that I could set up as test bed, though I have no extra HDs, and it's a G31 Intel chipset.

Help.

Corsair HX520 spec give no -5v output, this was used on older PSU and MB. The MB LED's usually represent standby power and VDimm power.

I've had PSU screech when pushed to the max, not a good sound. Have you tried a CLR CMOS while doing barebone basics? I wonder if hooking up 2 different PSU 6pins had any effect to the 8800?

Corsair HX520 spec give no -5v output, this was used on older PSU and MB. The MB LED's usually represent standby power and VDimm power.

I've had PSU screech when pushed to the max, not a good sound. Have you tried a CLR CMOS while doing barebone basics? I wonder if hooking up 2 different PSU 6pins had any effect to the 8800?

Thanx for the reply. I didn't see a -5v spec at Corsair's site, so I was hopeful that was the issue with the PSU. I'll do a long CMOS clear while I'm at work today, with things in a barebones state, and see what happens. I'm also going to storage to get the box for the 8800, so I can reattach the stock cooler. I'll set up a test bed with that ECS micro board I have, and see what happens. I wouldn't think two different power sources would make a diff on the 8800, but who knows. Guess I'll find out tonight when I set up that test bed. Gonna be fun pulling WBs...not.

Thanx again for the assist.