X2 6400+ Temps/Voltage/OC Help!

Here are my EVEREST Temps, and CPUZ pic. Do the temps seem high? This is idle as well. I have a Zalman 9700 (I think, its the big Zalman that is silver and has green fan light)

everestpz1.jpgcpuzyh3.jpg

Also, what is the Vcore suppose to be at? 1.4? I tried OC it to 214x16, 3424mhz and tried doing a dual SuperPi test one for both cores and the program just stopped responding. I upped the vcore to 1.450 and 1.475 but it didnt change much in everest, maybe to 1.35v.

My BIOS doesn't have an option to change the divider for my RAM. I can only do User Limit DDR2 400,533, 667, 800. I limited it to 667 and lowered my HTT Multi to 4x. Still couldn't get it to run.

I don't know what the problem is, also these temps seem high at idle so I'm worried about it being OC'd. Do I look at CPU? Or each of the core temps to determine temp? Any help? Thanks guys.

Hi,

I did a read at the Foxconn support website and found that in the initial BIOS there were temperature reporting problems. You might want to consider flashing to a newer BIOS revision if you are still using the original BIOS revision that was installed from the manufacturer. It would help if you put your BIOS revision in your signature next to the motherboard name and model number. If you lower your RAM speed to 400 or 533, you will be effectively be putting your DRAM on a divider. Here is a link to your MOBO downloads.

The AMD site

shows the VCore @ 1.35-1.4V

Frome what the manual shows in the BIOS pictures and the fact that your CPU is rated at 125 watts..you can expect fairly high temps on both motherboard and CPU cores. Try

Core Temp to get a better idea on what the actual core temps are.

cheers

I have the same cpu, cooled by a Thermalright xp-90, and i just checked my temp and I'm idling @ 31c. @1.45v. Erico posted good answers for you. You might not get a great oc with this cpu, as it's already the fastest one amd makes. YOu shouldn't have to oc it. That's one reason i bought it. I'm tired of ocing.

You have a good cooler, check to see if you have it mounted well, with the right amount of TIM, and if you're not using arctic silver5, i would recommend that, and a visit to their website to see the proper way to apply it. But using a dual core, you might want to use just a wee bit more than the as5 site says, because i don't think they have upgraded it to include dual cores.

I'm just recommending to use a little more so it cover a little more of the ihs. I'm not familiar with that Zalman cooler, but if you can increase the fan speed a little that would help, i usually keep mine running about 3000rpm's. When i play a power hungry game i increase the fan speed to about 3500rpm's.