Gigabyte DS3R Overclocking issues

Hi

I recently got a quad core and a GA P35 DS3R motherboard which i cannot overclock if my life depended on it. I did make it go to 2.8ghz which was glorious but i can't achieve that speed anymore >_<

Can anyone help set up the bios? i have the F6 one.

Thanks

Its the easiest board that I have OC'ed so far, far easier than my p35 Blood Iron. Just follow the OC'ing guide as you would with a regular oc. The only thing that the bios does not have is a way to take the ram out of the equation to find the max speed of the cpu. So the step that I took with my c2d/ballistix is fine the max on my memory by testing with memtest first.

• 5 weeks later...

I am very much a newbie, last thing I overclocked was a Duron 2500+ which was very simple (ok, so I am an old newbie!)

I tried easytune 5 in simple mode, which crashed immediately, (I think that is because the multiplier is locked at 9 but I could be wrong). I would like to OC to 3.2 ghzif possible, and I am hopeful as this case runs really cool.

I am kicking myself about my HD's, as the WDC RE2 500 gigs are less on Newegg than what I payed for these. I am torn between adding one more of the caviars and making a raid 5, or two of the RE2's and running RAID0 on those with a backup on the caviars.

I guess I should have spent time reading on this board before posting, but I was excited to find this thread. I could use any tips or links to basic oc info, esp for this board and cpu.

I love this build! :dog:

XP 32bit, Gigabyte p35 DS35, q6600 g0 with stock cooler, eVGA8600, 2x2 gigs Patriot Extreme pc6400 5-5-5-12 (2T), thermaltake armour case with 250mm sidefan, RAID 0 WDC 500 AAKS x2, various IDE hd's as well for data.

PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad.