Sound Cable?

ZACKYO

Hi Going to get 360Prem. HDMI.What to hook up to p.c. monitor.I know i need special M.S. cable for that. But what do i have to get so i can plug my speakers in. I have 4 basic+1 surround sound setup.Now it is hook up to back of p.c. All info. will help thanks.

Hi Going to get 360Prem. HDMI.What to hook up to p.c. monitor.I know i need special M.S. cable for that. But what do i have to get so i can plug my speakers in. I have 4 basic+1 surround sound setup.Now it is hook up to back of p.c. All info. will help thanks.

If you hook the pc monitor up to it, unless the monitor accepts HDMI inputs, you'll have to get the VGA cable. The cables all come with audio ports built onto them. The standard one that comes with the 360 carries component, composite videos, analog and digital audio. The VGA cable will be no different:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemse.../vgahdcable.htm

to get audio, you'll need an audio decoder...this could be a home theater/stereo that accepts analog/digital audio inputs, or a computer with a line-in at minimum (then you'd need to convert the red/white analog audio into a single 1/8" male stereo jack), or a digital optical or digital coaxial audio input (if you have coaxial digital inputs on your sound card, then you can get a digital optical - to - digital coaxial converter).

I personally use a Creative DTS-100 digital decoder unit that has 3 optical digital + 1 coaxial digital + 3 analog audio inputs and outputs to ANY 5.1 speaker system (any analog pc speaker system that has at least a green stereo audio cable, or any 5.1 or better that has green/black/orange audio cables).

I have my Wii in analog, and my PS2 + Xbox360 + HD satellite receiver in optical digital, and my PC in coaxial digital to the DTS-100 and the DTS-100 outputs to my Klipsch 500w digital 5.1 pc speaker system.