Ubuntu 7.10?

jelly

Did you edit your sources.list ?

What is this sources.list? I am not that hip with the linux language. :O I do know that when I go to System>Administration>Restricted Driver Manager and click on ATI accelerated graphics driver I get am window asking if I what to Enable the driver? I click on Enable Driver and get " The software source for the package xord-driver-fglrx is not enabled" . I for a big loss! I downloaded the driver from ati's site and when I click on it I get " Could not open the file /home/acer/desktop/ati-d...ler-8.42.3-x86.x86_64.run. gedit has not been able to detect the character coding. Please check that you are not trying to open a binary file. Select a character coding from the menu and try again.

Im still look around the net for more info on this. I just cant get the drivers to install.

The funnest thing of all is my wife had to take my laptop away from me for an hour so I can cool off. I was like f@(# this and stupid F&^%n linux, I am going to brake this F%^$n laptop! lol :eek2: I guess thats the fun of being a computer enthusiast!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well still no worky and I even installed the Oct 26th ATI driver which xxxxed everything up now there's no fglrx config, it has to be aticonfig and all the sudden I'm booting into Windows because Ubuntu is now completely hosed...*sigh*

so I guess it's back to just Ubuntu for surfing the internet and Windows for everything else for a while until someone dumbs it down enough for the rest of us (I have no wish to spend the next 2 days trying to fix this, I will just boot to windows and install an ATI driver and be done with it)

still much too frustrating for Joe Douchebag.