Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

How to ask questions the smart way

Our moderator Culinist is bugging me to check out Arch Linux and while I was perusing their forums, I came across another classic gem that everyone should read, and I wish I had found this when we were still DFI-Street ;)

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questi...ml#translations

read it all...it's healthy!

ps: it's healthy to link every person you meet to it before they ask dumb questions also!

LOL.. Probably be faster to learn everything you need to know about fixing the problem yourself than getting through how to ask a question..

Arch is alright, Opensuse has come a long with 10.3 for up and running distros..

Let's see if I'll read it all... if so it will be after the football game (for north-Americans read soccer) tonight.

Arch? Eh, yes it's my main system and I'm writing from it now, but in view of your troubled relationship to Linux, Culinist is really setting the bar high. Arch is KISS and easier than most, however it all depends on what kind of easiness you like. Arch and Gentoo has a kind of a brother in arms thing going on, while teasing each others as well.

Anyway, the Arch forum is top notch and friendly. Installing Arch will give you a good overview of how Linux works, just like Gentoo and their old daddy Slackware, with some advantages in having one of the fastest package-manager, pacman.

well this isn't really about Archlinux...it's more about that link and what is written there.

It's pure DFI-Street/DIY-Street philosophy and it's damn good advice (just replace "hacker" with "helper" )

It's pure DFI-Street/DIY-Street philosophy and it's damn good advice (just replace "hacker" with "helper" )

That would clear up your weirdness at times...