multiplayer pc games

RHKCommander959

Alright so i was wondering, are there any multiplayer pc games? Multiplayer offline mind you;

Example xbox games are also computer games, and you can get xbox controllers for your pc. I have like 10 usb ports, so can me and a bud play on my computer just like you could on an xbox?

I know some emulators can do that kinda...?

I know an xbox is a dummied down computer, that can be hacked into a real computer... why cant i dummy mine down for a while:p?

(ps. i know the hardware constraints would probably make gameplay crappy, but my monitor is small and i might build a new rig)

I think you could do that with Xmen ultimate alliance.....but thats the only type of PC game I can think of where two people can play on the same PC. Most of them like shooters require you to each have your own PC then connect via a LAN.

There's not a big list of games that's multiplayer and can be played offline. A couple that comes to my head are:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Lego Star Wars

Lego Star Wars II

All of your sports games like

Madden NFL 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

NBA Live 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Baseball games

Hockey games

Boxing games

With the exception of City of Heroes, City of Villains, and Star Wars Galaxies, (there maybe more that I can't think of right now) any multiplayer online game can be played offline with the setup of a LAN party. This setup consists of you and your friends' computer systems hooked up to a router. A dedicated computer system utilized as the game server will also be hooked up to the same router. All the computer systems will be hooked together on one big network. The dedicated computer will send and receive game data to the other computers, resulting in you and your friends playing the same game with or against each other, depending on the game.

If this is what you're looking for and need assistance setting up a LAN party, let us know and we'll be happy to assist.:)