7950GX2 on LANPARTY SLI-D???

Comatose

I was just wondering if a 7950GX2 will work on my DFI LanParty UT SLI-D. I read the motherboard Compatibilty page on the nvidia website ad there were only 2 DFI mobos on there. One being an Ultra-d and i cant remember the other one, but the SLI-D wasn't on there. I was reading some guy's comp specs on a different forum somewhere and he was running a 7950gx2 on a DFI Lanparty UT SLI-DR. Can anyone let me know becase i've just bought one and wanna know if I'm gonna have to sell it.

Heres my comp specs right now:

------------------------------

DFI Lanparty UT SLI-D

AMD 939 Opteron 180

2gb OCZ Titanium 2-3-3-5

Leadtek 6800GT

480W Antec PSU

150gb WD Raptor

250GB Seagate

------------------------------

I don't know....that seems like it might be pushing it but it might work. I'm running mine currently with a 550w Antec along with the rest of the things in my sig. Worth a try though I guess but I would consider upgrading your PSU if you aren't tight on cash.

If the PSU can't handle it it probably won't boot at all. Or in this case since it is a 480w PSU it will probably boot...but if it isn't enough to handle your hardware it will probably show signs of instability like rebooting or poor 3D performance.

I really like my Corsair 620HX...as do a lot of other people. The 520w version would be a good choice as well if you need to cut costs a little. And then of course the OCZ gameXstream PSU's are also highly recommended.