4 Sticks of RAM not booting...*SLI-D*

Allstaar,

It would help if we had any kind of idea what your other hardware consisted of i.e. motherboard, cpu, power supply and exact brand of memory or ic's that the memory is using.

I think you'd also find many more hits on your post as well as helpful suggestions and recommendations if you started your own thread. Otherwise, it'll just get lost in the shuffle here.

Allstaar,

It would help if we had any kind of idea what your other hardware consisted of i.e. motherboard, cpu, power supply and exact brand of memory or ic's that the memory is using.

I think you'd also find many more hits on your post as well as helpful suggestions and recommendations if you started your own thread. Otherwise, it'll just get lost in the shuffle here.

Sorry!

I have an AMD X2 4200+ | DFI LanParty UT Ultra-D | Corsair Value Select 2048MB | BFG GeForce 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer | Seagate Barracuda 200GB S-ATA x2 | Lian Li PC7 - FSP 400w

I just got the memorys today I dont want to put to much money in the computer because Im going to build a new one later and have this as an extra. But it wont work with 4 memorys in the computer it wont boot at all the computer goes on and nothing comes up on the screen. Cant se anything my display goes from analog to digital then it goes to power saving mode. And the motherboard shows three leds. But if I take two sticks out it works. I now have them in 2 and 4 if I put 1 and 3 in it wont boot etc etc.

I reseted bios when I changed the memory sticks. I hade 1gb of twinmos before and had my computer overclocked so I think the PSU would handle 4 memorysticks.

What shall I do to get it work. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Go into bios and check your command rate. For 4 sticks it needs to be set to 2t and manually set your ram timing to manufacture default settings

ram should never be left at auto. Sorry also u can boot up with 2 sticks then go into bios and change your settings then shut down put the other 2 sticks in and the computer will boot with 4 sticks providing you follow the instructions .