4 Sticks of RAM not booting...*SLI-D*

I've got a DFI-SLI-D Board and decided to beef up my machine with some extra RAM.

I've got 4 sticks:

3x 1GB

1, 256MB

Since I have XP 32-bit, that should just be the limit:)

But the system fails to boot...

The fans are spinning but my display remains black...

I think this is probably a wrong setting in Bios, but cam somebody plz help me?:)

Thanks!

Yes, 4x1GB will work in the board.

You can try booting with 2 x 1GB in the Orange slots, setting the timings at 3-4-4-8, voltage at 2.7V, Command Rate at 2T

DRAM Drive at Level 8 and DATA Drive at Level 2.

Make sure the FSB is set to 200, so no overclocking.

Then save and exit the bios and add the other 1GB, plus the 256, but I am doubtful of it booting. That 1 stick being so much less dense than the others is causing the issue.

Nope,

A BIOS update is not going to help at all. You've got a couple of options though.

1. Just use the 2X1gb sticks (assuming they are all the same mfg., model number, speed and voltages etc.)

2. Put in four matching 1gb sticks. But at best Windows 32-bit will only "see" between 2.75 and 3.25gb.

Nope,

A BIOS update is not going to help at all. You've got a couple of options though.

1. Just use the 3X1gb sticks (assuming they are all the same mfg., model number, speed and voltages etc.) You'll lose dual channel, but you gain usable RAM.

2. Put in four matching 1gb sticks. You'll get back your dual channel mode, but at best Windows will only "see" between 2.75 and 3.25gb.

that's just it... it won't work with 3 sticks either:confused:

Any help on that one?

this isnt like the days of socket 370, 478, a, 754 (<-didnt we get 939 for double channel and dual core?), and all the other old 'junk'...:sweat:

you cant just mix and match... a64 loves to put stuff in dual channel.... not like the days of single channel madness

they're absolutely spot on. odd numbers, minus 1, are bad!!!!!!!!!!!1!

I will steal a bit of this thread and ask. I just bought some simple memorys Value select 4x512MB do use DC but the computer wont boot Ive puted them on diffrent places no boot at all. Just boots with two sticks or else the it wont. There are three light constantly glowing when I have 4 in.

What is it that wont work? Please help me to understand getting kinda anyoing.