Sign in to follow this  
iamkoza

Power On Delay

Over the last week or so there has been a 1-2 second delay from the time I hit my power button to the time the computer begins powering up. I am fearing that my PSU is failing, This is in regards to Rig 1 as listed in my sig. The powerstream had been working fine for almost 2 years now. I've yet to have any issues pop up while the power supply is on to suggest that my rig is not getting enough power. Anyone have any thoughts, I found a simlar thread which pointed towards a PSU issue. I've recently had a HDD go bad, now this... I'm beginning to think my rig is dying :eek2:

IMK,

The only way to know for sure is to run a full power supply diagnostics, checking all of your voltage rails at idle and at load for an extended period of time.

Even that may not reveal you have a power supply issue. All I can say for sure, is that any time I suspect a power supply problem, I replace the supply. I cant afford to have a faulty psu take anything with it.

With that being said, most of the OCZ power supplies are pretty bullet proof. The last two I've had have been outstanding.