Video and network lag with sound

Hi , i am new to the forum and need some assistance.

I have just purchased a new Lan Party NF2 Ultra and seem to have issues with the video when playing games when the sound is enabled. The issue is when i play Tribes 2 and have the sound enabled (onboard) or even with a sound card i get hugh drops in FPS to like 0-3 . I have noticed that my ping also sky rockets up to like 600 or so also when this happens. I have disable the sound and the game runs smooth as glass but as soon as i enable the on board or a sound card it goes right back to the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is a brand new board i purchased and is my first DFI board. I was in need of a board to run with my xp2500 and found it on ebay and was new . I have the board set up to run raid 0 also as i forgot to mention. Any assistance would be greatfully appreciated.

Did you do a "clean" windows install ? or did you just move your drive from another NF2 mobo. If it was a clean install, did you select the correct HAL during the install (F6) ? I know these might might seem odd questions, but they help to get a picture of what you did, or did'nt do. Maybe to help you faster, it maybe better if you can give a rundown of your build method and the install routine you used.

Yes i did a clean install and used the windows drivers for the raid controller durring the install. I have it set to 64 blocks on the raid 0 . Once i installed windows (clean) i went ahead and ran the video drivers then windows updates. I also installed the nforce system drivers and i will post those once i get home. I have performed a fresh install 3 times and the same issue with 16 and 64 blocks at the raid settings. I have tried the highpoint raid drivers in the previous install with the same result and even a few lock ups during install . This install has the window raid drivers .