Is it possible? 2 x GeForce 8800GTX in DFI LanpartyUT nF4 SLI-DR Exper

Programer1

It should work fine, as long as your psu is compatible with the board and can power both of those cards. Don't forget to set the BIOS for SLI. As far as psu's go, I would opt for a PCP&C 750 Silencer to power that rig.

Not to hijack your thread, but if you're going to go through the trouble of two 8800 GTX's in SLI, how come no overclock on your 4400? With those 2 cards, you really ought to kick your cpu cycles up some.

who said i'm not going to overclock? i'm just waiting to buy a good psu too do so ( mine is crappy ) ,

i'm not even going to get 2 x 8800GTX ( since i can't exceed 1280 x 1024 :D ), i just want to know hypothetically if i put them together, will they work?

i'll probably be getting a 8800GTS 340M and another one if i decided to go sli.

Guest element

With the 320 meg Don't worry about SLI. Just get the 2900Pro or the 8800GTS 640. As either of these cards is sufficient for the 1280x1024.

Get performance now. As Last i looked SLI only begins to pay off at the Resolutions above 1280x1024.

Can I put together 2 x GeForce 8800GTX in SLI mode

i'm not even going to get 2 x 8800GTX

Sorry, but my head is spinning......I'm not flaming, but I don't get it :confused:

SLI only begins to pay off at the Resolutions above 1280x1024.

Pretty much accurate. The lowest resolution I'll use with my GX2 is 1152x864. Native resolution of my monitor is 1680x1050.

I run a 8800GTX in a Venus board using the second slot at x8. There is no more performance penalty then what is normally seen in consecutive runs of benchmarks.

Not to hijack your thread, but if you're going to go through the trouble of two 8800 GTX's in SLI, how come no overclock on your 4400? With those 2 cards, you really ought to kick your cpu cycles up some.

The processor won't be able to keep the cards fed with enough data.

You guys should read this...

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77741

They're right, most games these days offload most of the work onto the GPU, you shouldn't factor in your CPU clock... contrary to popular belief...

Praz, you are right about not seeing the performance gain though... I think CharmedLover84 or someone had a couple benchmarked not long ago and the performance gain with 2 in SLI over a single card was... coughpatheticcoughcough althogh at the time I know drivers were kinda crappy.

And also you will not see a difference in performance from 8x to 16x unless you get into some extremely high resolutions, because even with dual gpus they do not come close to capping out the pci-e lanes on a first gen SLI motherboard. I don't remember where I read that but I first read it on a review of the Asus A8N-SLI32 board when it first came out. So I don't know if this still holds true or not but I heard it is.