Sign in to follow this  
Darkorb

Gts 640mb

darkorb, how can you find what core you have?

im selling a 320mb Fatality XFX.

open rivatuner, and it should say

320-bit, G80 (A3 96sp) with 640mb DDR3

says that below the 8800GTS thing on the main screen

Thanks DO, i have the same core as you. (A3 96sp). The ultra has a different core, which allows quite a bit more headroom for ocing. I just now got off the phone with evga (agai), and the guy said definatly wait, like the other guy said, 45 days. I don't want to gt if it only has 256 of memory, probably 128bit.

I'm just gonna wait and see what they come up with. I'm not even going to start a game until i get the gtx. These new games got me a bit on the angry thide of sings, being so power hungry. And i got Stalker sitting on my desk, unopend waiting until after i finnish ep2.

Jeez, even wearing my glasses while typing, I still mispell almost every other word. It's atrocious! I'm either losing my mind, or i need to type slower, or both...lol. And I'm good at spelling. English and spelling were my best subjects in skool. ;)

I just saw repr in the chatroom, DO, maybe you can talk to him in real time if you can catch him intime. he usually goes there a lot. I know he was interested in your card.

When I called evga, they said there is no silver in the compound they use for the core, or anything. I guess i should be ok, with 4 120mm fans on it like dark orb said, and i'll configure the fan settings with riva tuner like i have now. I wonder if I'll have to re-install drivers for the gtx. I think it uses the same ones this card uses. When i go to nvidia's driver page it's got the 8800 series driver listed, and i have the latest one, 163.

Ok, I'll leave well enough alone. I just like AS5 so much that I'm not comfortable with anything else for thermal compound. It's the best, and i like the best. :rolleyes:

On the riva tuner thang, I used this guide and it works well if you don't go crazy with the configs:

http://home.comcast.net/~boogieman1954/880...eed%20guide.htm

I have it run at 100% => 70c, 85% => 68c and 75% => 65c. Works wonders, no games, not bf2/2142, or cs:s lockup at all after using those configs. My vid card runs hot, so having those fan duty cycles config'd really works for me.

Sign in to follow this