Unsolved PWMIC Temperature Problem

There's been plenty of threads on the location of the PWMIC and from my understanding.......it's the chip on top of the 24pin plug and to right of the DRAM modules (correct me if I am wrong)!

Anyway, my OC settings are in my signature.......under full load and with a 80mm fan blowing right on the PWMIC, its temperature still rises to 60 degrees.

What I want to know is.....people that have effectively controlled this temperature, are they using high rpm fans (high pressured wind) or just stand fans at 2500rpm or so?

Thanks in advance ~

Hello,

In this picture, the 3 in a row under the Dimm slots.

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread...2&highlight=pwm

The top one to the right edge of the board is the memory voltage regulator.

My pc, just the standard Armour Jr front+rear 12cm fans and a 8cm hiperflow fan blowing on the 3 heatsinks. Temp hits 38DC (winter)

There's been plenty of threads on the location of the PWMIC and from my understanding.......it's the chip on top of the 24pin plug and to right of the DRAM modules (correct me if I am wrong)!

Anyway, my OC settings are in my signature.......under full load and with a 80mm fan blowing right on the PWMIC, its temperature still rises to 60 degrees.

What I want to know is.....people that have effectively controlled this temperature, are they using high rpm fans (high pressured wind) or just stand fans at 2500rpm or so?

Thanks in advance ~

I have an 80mm Vantech Stealth fan piggybacked on the top on my Big Typhoon's fan. It is pointed down and blows directly on my memory, and also cools the PWMIC area as well. I have it connected to the fan 2 (right above the cpu fan connector) motherboard connector, and have it set in BIOS to be fully on @ 45 degrees. My PWMIC temps never go above 55 degrees even when the system is under heavy load.