halflife2 episode 2 out

jaz

I just read over at evga's site that 1/2life2 ep2 is available for DL on steam...'bout time.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the game downloaded for a week now. It is playable today. I just played the first level befor work! :) The game runs great on my x1900xt. I have the game maxed out at 1280X1024 lcd. I have been waiting to play this game for 4-5 months, Im glad its here!

Episode 2 – Audio settings:

ausvm8.th.jpg

Episode 2 – video settings: can’t set the “Texture Detail” to “Very High”… No DirectX 10 support?

vdswf6.th.jpg

Episode 2 – achievements: is this new in Episode 2?

achvjh8.th.jpg

Running Fraps in the background, I played for about two hours – good graphics and no sluggishness (the min. FPS I saw was 60 - the max. was 110 - 120). I choose the normal difficulty, so it’s kindda easy… I will change it to hard difficulty.

BTW, the graphic card driver I installed is 163.75 BETA.

Yeah, I'm still playing through Portal and it's been a really great experience (I love the computer voice, it's hilarious). I played the very beginning of Episode 2 and it looks like a lot of fun as well. I'll probably finish up both of them by this weekend at the latest :).

CC has the orange box (HL 2 , Ep 1, Ep 2, TF 2, Portal) for $38 right now, (Plus I have a gamers club membership 10% off - was free from ps3 purchase) I saw steam's price of $30 for ep 2... I'm going to buy a hard copy