Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

stop credit card / insurance applications from arriving in your mail

So I was talking to the manager of Mercy Housing Idaho today and she happened to give me a killer little bit of info...on how to stop all those damn credit card applications and insurance applications etc from showing up in your regular mail:

www.optoutprescreen.com

You can go to this webpage, put your personal information in, and choose between 5 years or permanently rejecting credit card/insurance nonsense from being sent to you.

I chose permanent as if I want a credit card (already have one anyway thank you, who the xxxx needs more than one???) I will call my bank and get one.

If I want insurance, I will call Allstate and get more/different insurance.

This is probably the best thing since the government did the "No Call List" so telemarketers can't call you on the telephone.

I urge EVERYONE to use it wisely and spread the information to as many people across your life and the internet as possible.

Yeah, thanks man, I am getting tired of shreding all those credit card offers. My wife and I have an excellent credit rating and I noticed when we qualified for a mortgage my wife and I, we have had more of them offers.

I actually asked one company, well several actually, that kept sending me flyers about student loan consolidation. They said there is a # on the flyer that is for opting out. It is probably the same place. I signed up but I stll get things. They stopped for a while, but then I got a house and they started back up again... :confused:

will it let you pull it up if you run it through a proxy......maybe like google or something like that?.....least till you get back state side...

i have alot of family comming over from Munich towards the end of this month.....From Munich to Alabama u.s.a......rofl....what a culture shock.....

I tried that before... got most of the way through it, and iirc, it gave errors when I tried to enter my state/zip code for receiving the report :/ oh well, I know whats on there anyway, they had a credit report done when I signed my life away :)

gonna sticky this for a bit as I've needed to search for it about 10 times in the last few days to give to others.

Since the day I signed up, I've not received a single piece of mail from ANY financial/credit company. If I want credit or credit cards, I go to my bank who gives me a better rate and terms than ANY cold-calling credit company can.

I think we just called the number for every offer I got. You can tell them to take you off their lists. None since then.

But this does seem a helluva lot easier. :sweat:

Bump! :cool:

I think we just called the number for every offer I got. You can tell them to take you off their lists. None since then.

But this does seem a helluva lot easier. :sweat:

Bump! :cool:

yep this is much much better solution than having to call each individual company and you can only call them after they send something to you (as there a billion credit card issuers it seems).

I'm serious when I say I used to get 1-3 credit card applications a day, and now I get ZERO.