powers up no post

The results of a bad powersupply has left my NF4 Ultra D disabled LOL. I have tried everything in the book to try to get this to post. It powers up fine but thats it the diagnostic lights show start up thats it.

The only thing I could try is a new bios chip. Do you think that would be worth

trying?

Kick it LOL

have you tried w/ a PCI GFX card? with my 925X it has locked and I wouldn't get video after a CCMOS, but would fire up with the PCI GFX and kept going after swapping the PCI-e card back in.

I am assuming you did all the tricks that we would usually post here, if it was somebody else, ie minimal install, proper CMOS clear and all that other good stuff, right? I am not sure on this but doesn't the SLI-DR have the identical chip as the Ultra-D?

I am assuming you did all the tricks that we would usually post here, if it was somebody else, ie minimal install, proper CMOS clear and all that other good stuff, right? I am not sure on this but doesn't the SLI-DR have the identical chip as the Ultra-D?

Yep all the tried and true trobleshooting methods.

Kick it LOL

have you tried w/ a PCI GFX card? with my 925X it has locked and I wouldn't get video after a CCMOS, but would fire up with the PCI GFX and kept going after swapping the PCI-e card back in.

PCI GFX ? you mean aold pci video card?

You already swapped out each part, one at a time as well? If you changed everything except for the mobo, chances are pretty slim.

Try hitting up Tmod and ask if the BIOS chips are the same, or ask what he thinks.

You already swapped out each part, one at a time as well? If you changed everything except for the mobo, chances are pretty slim.

Try hitting up Tmod and ask if the BIOS chips are the same, or ask what he thinks.

I've went at this 3 different times doing all of that

CPU,MEM,VC,PSU.

What about the drives, storage and optical? Don't forget to change out all the cables and look for bare metal on the chip set fan cable or something along those lines, kind of sounds like a short circuit to me.

What exactly went wrong with the PSU?

What about the drives, storage and optical? Don't forget to change out all the cables and look for bare metal on the chip set fan cable or something along those lines, kind of sounds like a short circuit to me.

What exactly went wrong with the PSU?

All of the hardware I tested on it is now installed on the NF4 expert and working fine.

The board was working fine before when I had a FSP Group (Fortron Source) PSU When I swapped it out with a 2nd hand PC power& cooling psu the system quit working. HAD to RMA the PC power & cooling psu. The bad power supply is most definitely the cause.

I emailed Tmod to see if I can send him my bios chip and have him check it or just send me a new one. This will be the last ditch effort to save the board.