Upcoming games in 2007...

rainwood

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate.

Assassin's Creed will not be released in this year…

Got TimeShift DVD and started playing; no sluggishness / freeze with all graphic card settings turned on & best level (except the “Vertical Sync” option – I turn it off).

Painkiller: Overdose

It just gets harder:

I spent 10 hours total in playing the very first level in “nightmare” difficulty, and I am not able to finish the level yet. It is hard, very hard. I think that “nightmare” difficulty of the game becomes harder than that of the original one; I completed the original one in “nightmare” & “trauma” difficulty, though… I will change difficulty to “insomnia”. It is not simply fun repeating the same level.

Longer loading time:

The original one was criticized for the long loading time; not only the initial game loading time but also the loading time when loading the game to the point where the player was killed. It took roughly two minutes on average on my old box. In the worst case, it took more than five minutes (I recall – I thought that the game was frozen).

This is not improved or fixed in this new one at all.

Every time I got killed, I have to wait for at least one and half minutes on my current box. This kills fun of game.

Frozen on changing the settings:

It got frozen for about five minutes when I was using the option menus to change the settings of the game. I hit this freeze every time I use the game option menu. Is this because of the OS on my box (Vista 32-bit)?

This is an old-school, “run, run, and run more & gun crazy”, game.

Even though you liked the original one and/or expansion, and waited for the sequel very bad, I’d recommend you to play the demo first before you buy.

Hellgate: London*

I will not play the game just because I can’t get into it. The game looks like “Diablo II” to me (no offense); I did not own “Diablo II” but I played it on my friend’s box long time ago – I gave up playing it in a few minutes and did not find it fun at all…

man...i STILL haven't been able to buy Team Fortress 2. That's the game I REALLY want =/.

I got to go try the Hellgate London demo because I loved Diabo2 but I know it isn't Diablo3...

Getting ready to get my hands on The Witcher from a friend when it is released here in the states. It looks to be a massive RPG (and it uses Bioware's game engine so the graphics are going to be excellent)

I played TF2 a couple times when bought the Valve complete pack and it was only open to people that pre ordered it but i've been busy with other games instead. Just beat HL1 for the first time ever lol. Then played Opposing Force and Blue Shift. Now i'm towards the end of HL2 and will play the two episodes next. After that i'm not sure what i'll play next though....I have a bunch of games I haven't even touched yet.

So far the Witcher looks pretty good. the graphics are very well and i like the world. its pretty realistic. only the figthing system is different...not sure if this is a positive thing

man...i STILL haven't been able to buy Team Fortress 2. That's the game I REALLY want =/.

I got to go try the Hellgate London demo because I loved Diabo2 but I know it isn't Diablo3...

Getting ready to get my hands on The Witcher from a friend when it is released here in the states. It looks to be a massive RPG (and it uses Bioware's game engine so the graphics are going to be excellent)

I played Hellgate London yesterday and got to say! This game sucks pretty much. Walking around looking for stuff (boring) and the gun shoots only once at the time (boooo). Got to mention the the graphics suck as well! This is nothing for me I would say!

Best demos I played lately are Call of Duty 4 and Crysis!

• 2 weeks later...

Got “F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate”.

Fnished my first iteration in high difficulty. Same-and-old graphics' date=' sound & game play with a few new enemies. However, I think that I enjoyed this game much more than HL2: Episode 2. One reason: this game offers the very thrilling and tensed gunfights – I enjoyed the battle against the group of the “awakened” Replica soldiers at the train yard and the three gunfights at the last “Interval” of the game very, very much. (BTW, I just uttterly disagree with the professional game reviews’ that high rating that HL2: Episode 2 received.) Some negative comments:

[b']Direct3D sound, yet:[/b]

I had to use Alchemy to enable the sound setting options… Why not OpenAL? I really hope “Project Origin” employ OpenAL.

The boss of the new enemy team in this game is too much “tough”:

I mean, it takes a lot amos to frag the guy even though the guy is just a human enemy. The guy can move very quickly and take more amos than other soldier-class enemies - It’s O.K., ‘cause the guy is the last boss of the game, but he is too much, I think. I used up the sniper rifle amos and about 300 amos of the chaingun to take the guy down.

Got "TimeShift".

I'm playing this game now. Good graphic (not super good but I am impressed) and the ability to reverse, slow and stop time. However, I don’t enjoy this game as much as I did the Peruses Mandate, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and BioShock… I think because of the following four reasons:

Poorly implemented A.I.:

I really like to ask the developers of the game why they did not invest their time and efforts in making the A.I smarter. At least as smart as the A.I. in the “S.T.A.L.K.E.R.”. I can apply the old FTP skill – lure the enemy to form a group and kill them throwing one stone very often.

Strongly goal-oriented game:

In each sub- & level, one – three objectives are given. To proceed, all or 75 – 80 % of the given objectives must be completed. Not flexible very much.

The ability to use time can’t make a difference:

The ability to use time is just another way to interactive with the objects in the environment to make the battle easier and to solve the puzzles, like the gravity-gun in the Half-Life 2. Without using the ability/tool, the battle and puzzles are very harder or just impossible to survive/solve in the game.

Not very interesting story line:

I know that this is the FPS, but I just can’t get into in character of the hero in this game or still don’t get why this hero needs to fight? In other words, I, as the character of the hero in the game, do not see the reasons why I have to complete the objectives in each level in order to accomplish my/the hero’s own goal – I think that the compelling reasons / background / stories have to be provided in this strongly goal-oriented game.

Anyway, I already spent more than 25 hours in this game, and I will finish my first (and probably last) iteration…

Got Crysis.

Installation:

I chose the option that all features of the game will be installed on the local drive during installation, and the game uses 6.04GB hard drive space. But it still asks me to insert the DVD to play. Why? What else on the DVD?

FPS:

When I played the demo with all graphic settings very high, I posted my comment that it was very smooth game play. Now with all graphics settings very high, the game is not playable. Period. I do not even have to use the Fraps to see the FPS. It is just too sluggish. Then, I set the all graphics settings to “High”, Guess what? It is still not in the level that I feel comfortable: I used the Fraps to see the FPS – the highest number I saw was 47. Though I did not take stats., the average would be 25 - 30 at best. This game reminds me of the “F.E.A.R.” with all graphics options set the highest on my old box (FX-57, 2GB Ram, 7800 GTX SLI, 1920x1200 resolution).

I start reading the posts in this game's threads to see how to optimize. Anyway, in the page 21 of the game’s manual “killing background tasks” is instructed as one of the “Performance Tips”. I have not tired it yet. Has someone tried it and see performance gain actually?

Got BlackSite: Area 51, Gears of War and Soldier of Fortune: Payback.

I won’t have time to play them very soon, but I do not find any other games of my type are coming until the first quarter of the next year, so I decided to get them.

working on getting my buddy in california to ship me Soldier of Fortune (momma and I used to be in a clan and for a while we were the #1 Team DM clan at cpl). I love the brutality of that game.

TimeShift looks interesting but I'm with rain, got to have a plot, a working story, and not too linear, as well as good graphics and AI.

Sim City Societies looks like they ruined Sim City once and for all. Thanks EA. We know how you love to buy all the game devs up and then ruin them with your corporate bull crap. Looks like Activision is trying to be the next EA by the way they are trying to Tony Hakw the Guitar Hero games...