System hangs. "K8 NPT data Change .. Update New Data to DMI!&quot

I have done the Bios update, and set load optimized default in the main CMOS. this did not cure the problem, however i decided to network via the lan and connect to the internet that way.

Built a new system, Gigabyte GA-MA69S3H mb, AMD2 4600, 2gig Corsair 800mhz, Nvidia 8600gt grphx, 2 x Sata drives. XP Pro sp2 withh all the drvs

Latest Bios

All was well, updated the latest updates from Microsoft etc, ran okay until I booted on Sunday am, the screen just hangs at post with "K8 NPT Data Change... Update New Data to DMI!" I now cannot get it to get past this. I tried removing the drive and putting in another SATA drive and installing a new windows instalation in case it was a corrupt mbr bur now when it has copied the files from the cd and reboots to carry on the instalation it just keeps rebooting after the "K8 NPT Data Change... Update New Data to DMI!" message.

Any suggestions? I can take back the motherboard to the suppliers "Scan International" but they will want to test it and it can take a week, I need my system running ASAP.

Any help appreciated.

• 1 month later...

The issue is easily resolved. I just built a system for a family member and had that error and hanging issue as well. All you have to do is use the QFlash utility. In that utility there is an option to keep the DMI data. Simply disable that and flash the bios. Blam, it's fixed!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1st post, Great site guys! I have to say I got the same lame problem as steve74, with my MB, it's the GA-MA69VM-S2. I did try the Qflash

but I can't get my setting to stick. I mean, when I try to disable the DMI,

I simply can't get it to stay! There is no "save settings" button in Qflash.

I have tried F10, Reset, and Ctrl=alt=Del to no avail! Mr. visual2k3,

how did you disable DMI in Qflash and make it stay disabled? Anyone?

I thank you guys for any help, and will be sure to post my results as a

lot of folks have the same problem. :0)

• 4 weeks later...