How to Store Ram

How do you store RAM? Would wrapping them in cardboard work? Obviously I want to keep them free of anything that conducts electricity. I'm just wondering as I have RAM I need to store until I can sell it.

Thanks for answering my silly question. :)

Unfortunately, no original packaging. This is ram that came with a pre-built computer.

Like I said, I'm gonna sell it. I was kinda hoping for some advice on what to put it in for a brief transport. (Have a friend who's interested in it, gonna have to wrap it in something to keep it safe.)

EDIT:

Reelfiles, I wonder where I could find those? Hm....

You didn't keep any of the bags that your hardware came in? Graphics cards, mobos, hard drives they all usually come in ESD bags. You can also try ebay, or google for a retailer if you're not pressed for time.

:eek:

:sweat:

:shake:

Words do not express how ridiculous I feel right now. I have this old box I kept that has odds 'n ends from a now defunct computer. It does, in fact, have a giant ESD bag at the very bottom. Perfect for two ram sticks.

Hahaha... well.... yep. There ya go. :sweat: I completely forgot that box... (Haven't opened it in over two years...)

Yeah put them in an anti static bag, but I have had a few sticks lying in a box covered in various pc junk on top of them and they still work...lol. RAM is pretty robust but then if your the kind of person that gets static shocks from everything you would be better off with something Anti Static..lol

Yeah, I've had some that were...em... improperly stored for a few yeras, that returned from what I thought to be dead... Better to store tham safely and properly, but at the time I was young... and properly meant thrown in the bottom of a box, with all sorts of junk unrelated to a computer thrown on top of them ^^