So I bought an Antec 900 to drown my sorrows :D

@hunterschild:Welcome to the forum1

I am honored to be the 1st thread you post in.:)

^^^

Rado is dead on with the color. Most of the reds are pinky.

Painting was easy.

Do you have access to a Motel parking lot? :D

Use masking/painters tape (or disassemble case) on the pieces/parts you are going to paint.

Surfaces should be clean and dry.

Use Primer to prevent chips.

Let it dry properly.

Paint over the primer with color of choice going from side to side from the bottom to the top.

Make sure there is no wind that can cause overspray.

Keep windows open or have good ventilation so we don't lose you after your 1st post.

If you use a black interior paint black cables will be easier to hide and colored cables will stand out more.

Just develop a plan of attack for the mods and don't rush it.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks rado and soundx for your quick and helpful replies.

It sorta sucks about the "red" uv cables. ahh well i have one green and red fan (as the case fans are already blue) coming in the mail in a couple of days and i'll see what color scheme works for me.

Sorry soundx i have no access to a motel parking lot but my neighbors away right now haha. im sure he will appreciate coming home and finding a black outline of a 900 series case on his driveway :sweat:

haha thanks guys

Sorry soundx i have no access to a motel parking lot but my neighbors away right now haha. im sure he will appreciate coming home and finding a black outline of a 900 series case on his driveway :sweat:

A neighbor's driveway works too :tooth:

Just shows that it can be done just about anywhere.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Norm McDonald

"I've never seen so many dead hookers in my life"

Creepy Looking dude in crowd

"Lord knows I have"

Dirty Work - starring Norm McDonald and Artie Lange

500 photos and three cameras later I am convinced there is no way I can get a decent picture of the CCFLs lit up and pulsing.

If any of the sections is NOT lit, the camera seems to spread light from the lit sections over the unlit section.

Looks awesome in person, just can't seem to get a decent picture of the RadoBase in action.

And the pictures here really do a lousy job of showing off rado's handiwork.

I think we went a tad overboard with the CCFLs in the front and rear of the base.

When I initially hooked up the bases I blew a hole in the living room wall and opened up some sort of trans-dimensional vortex.

I'm still finishing the SR-2 paint job.

Sorry this is taking so long to complete but I've been on the road quite a bit lately and when I get home there are a couple of bars and strip clubs that need my support in these tough economic times.

(soundx98 - helping unwed mothers, one lap dance at a time)

I took these shots with the front CCFLs disconnected.

Each section monitors different voltages/temperatures through the Matrix Orbital and Everest and it is "oh so frikken' kewl" when each section starts flashing, pulsing, strobing, etc.

You can see the Matrix Orbital display scrolling the Everest info in different pictures.

Doctor Evil unpacking RadoBases at work VVV :D

1evilgenius.jpg

1front.jpg

1frontdirect.jpg

1front30.jpg

1front45.jpg

1front60.jpg

1frontdown.jpg

1fronttall.jpg

1fronttall2.jpg

1fronttall3.jpg

Lookin' to build a special desk that can properly show off the twin towers :)

And I still want to mess with the lighting a bit.

Both rigs are running at 4.25 GHz (500x8.5)

Just picked up a DFI LP UT P35 mobo so now I have all i need for a 3rd rig except the processor.

I think I'll try an E8500 this go around.

P.S. The pictures were taken during the day so you can imagine what the look like at night.

BRIGHT!