Sign in to follow this  
osen

Problems with stuttering after changing to X2

Well, I don't know how to thank you erico, but the problem seems to be gone :D I have no idea why this happend to start with, but seems to work fine now. CHKDSK errors is gone aswell, feels great :) Thanks a lot!

Guest erico

Mods..I think you can chalk this one off as resolved

cheers

hey what version of windows are you running...

I just pulled a 3700 sandy outta my system and popped a 4200-x2 in it...cleared the cmos and booted it...

as soon as I got into windows I got the "New Hardware Found" measage and it saw the new CPU and installed a new HAL for it...I didnt see the dual core in windows on the 1st boot up but on the second one I did...

I had to change nothing and tested it and it runs fine...I am running XPpro se....worked like a charm...

Guest Blooz1

Just as a reinforcement to Dr_Bowtie's post, today I moved my RAID-0 array from my SLI-DR rig (Opty 148) into my Expert (3800+ X2), and had a similar automatic installation.

I also had to do nothing - Windows recognized the CPU on the first reboot! I'm also running XPpro w/SP2.

Guest erico

I had no problems for a while when I installed a 4200+ X2 as a replacement for the 3500+ AMD64 in my LP SLI-D MOBO. After a few weeks I noticed some strange things happening with the OS. I mean strange, as in disappearing icons and inability to locate all of the expected items in the control panel, icons on the desktop that did nothing and did not respond to left or right clicks. I did a fresh install and all of the strange problems went away. A fresh install with the proper HAL works wonders.

So...lets see how long your good fortune lasts...maybe forever and maybe not:)

buena suerte chicos

I am going to run with it...;)

It installed the multi-proccesor HAL when it found the CPU... so we'll see how long it last...no biggy I'll do it if need be...

Guest erico

Hi Doc,

looking forward to seeing how your EPOX does with the 5000+ X2. Is probably a 3.3 GHZ monster.

cheers

I dont expect big clocks out of the Epox nf570ultra board....

it is a nice board and only lack one feature....above 250fsb...

when I put the 4000+ brisbane in it....it only went to a max of 250fsb and I had someone look at the bios itself and it seems to be Auto clocked depending on the cpu used....meaning the 5000 may show 250 or it may not....?

anyhow I got a TForce 560 board as a back-up plan...;)