Sign in to follow this  
Alpaugh_78

Mushkin PSU

I am putting together a budget rig and trying to keep the price @ or below $1300. I already have my CPU MOBO and RAM and I'm pretyty sure on what I want for everything else. Keep in mind I want to include a 20"-22" LCD in the price of my new rig. The only thing I'm really stuck on is what power supply to get. If possible I would like to keep the price under $100. I found this on Newegg and was wondering if it would be a good PSU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817812002

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

It has pretty good feedback. Doesn't seem like a bad unit at all. Also look into the OCZ units, the GameXStream ones are really good too, believe one of them has a rebate going on, on newegg.

I just used two of those in customer builds and they are not bad at all. I did notice on one of them that the 24 pin likes to try and come loose on one side but the other doesn't have that problem. Even though one of my gamexstreams died on me I would still pick one of them over the mushkin.

It has pretty good feedback. Doesn't seem like a bad unit at all. Also look into the OCZ units, the GameXStream ones are really good too, believe one of them has a rebate going on, on newegg.

I thought about them and from what I've read they seem to be good, but I want a modular PSU. I want to keep my smilodon case as clean as I can without having to hide the wires I don't used...yeah I know I'm kinda lazy but all well...