Recover administrator password

snugglealufacus

i work for a small computer company and have a big client from bank of america. i have to remove a few spywares and viruses from the comp, and reinstallation is out of the question. the only problem is that all three administrative accounts are password protected and thus i only have access to limited user accounts, both of which i cannot install any programs.

ive looked around on the internet and found i can get through this with a loop-hole in the repair console of XP, but the problem is that i only have XP Home and Pro cd's and no MCE (which he is using).

so is there any way i can get through to just the administrator account?

P.S. ive tried BARTS, and the password removal tool is greyed out...

You need to delete the SAM file security accounts manager.

There is a linux password reset disk that does the job best called ebcd-0.6.1-lite dunno where I got it but goolge should be a help to ya.

If memory serves me correct it will boot from a cd

Is the actual 'administrator' acct locked? When we used to get laptops with the accounts locked at wok, we used to just boot into safe mode so that the administrator account would show up at the login screen, which most people didn't password protect. Then go into 'users' and delete the other acct's passwords.

Is the actual 'administrator' acct locked? When we used to get laptops with the accounts locked at wok, we used to just boot into safe mode so that the administrator account would show up at the login screen, which most people didn't password protect. Then go into 'users' and delete the other acct's passwords.

yes, the "administrator" account that is hidden in normal mode (but accessible in safe mode) is password protected.

ill try both of those ideas when i get back to work tomorrow. thanks guys!