What to upgrade

slick2500

What upgrades to the system in my sig would best help my gaming performance? I got 2GB of ram and that has only helped my loading times. I've been thinking of getting a new gpu and I have been kinda interested in the HD2900 Pro or a HD2900 XT. Right now in Bioshock with everything maxed out I get a max of 30fps, in order to get a decent fps in Bioshock I have to turn the graphics down to medium and the game looks horrid on medium compared to high. Would I see any improvement if I got a faster cpu?

Won't see much improvement with a faster CPU. Try changing SLI Performance to alternate frame rendering (try others as well) in Nvidia Control panel. I have a hard time believing that 7800 SLI can't keep up with Bioshock.

You're on Vista with a DX9 card - not sure how that works as I don't use Vista but could the Aero interface be causing you problems - that is if you have it on of course.

You might want to check the RAM usage whilst running the game as Vista is hungry and I guess Bioshock will be too. If you don't have enough RAM then your pagefile and HDD will getting hit a fair bit and RAM is way quicker than a HDD.

Otherwise I'd say you should be fine - perhaps with some settings not fully maxed - especially if you were on XP. Could you dual boot perhaps and compare the performance (although its a real hassle).