Sign in to follow this  
DuTcH

Virus!?!?!?!

hi got a problem (it must be that time of year again) while i was playing World In Conflict my controls went scewiff (spelling-?) my view in game shot to the left by itself and the volume mutes on and off and i was promptly kicked out of game to my desktop and "windows search results windows opened 30 times

ran updated avg and adware search nothing found problem continues

uninstalled WIC

ran updated avg and adware search nothing found problem continues(theres the pattern emerging here) now in DiRT

uninstalled DiRT ran updated avg and adware search nothing found problem continues

asked some help from local guys no good sons of .....^$&** :(

"its a virus we can reinstall windows for you for £50" yeah right!

ran avg and kaspersky still nothing found

:mad::mad:

played a bit of archlord samething :mad::mad::mad:

on the postive side the last time it happened archlord was running as well as firefox and it maged to open 76 windows b4 the pc locked :eek2:

oh and still nothing found on the antivirus :P

While I don't know what it is that is causing the problem (probably a virus), this was quite funny to read. So thank you for making a rough day a bit better. I sincerely hope you get the problem fixed... may be a windows reinstall.

Guest erico

try a more robust antivirus program.

If you are using the freebie version...unfortunately it has it's limits. ESET or Norton are pretty highly recommended.

I have friends who have run into the same kind of problem. I reinstalled windows for them. They didn't want to buy the antivirus program commercial version.

Good Luck!

I had AVG AV Pro went down to free edition which has never let me down til

Now following reviews on antivirus programs I found BitDefender which seems to be being awarded everywhere. Being as miserly as i am ran there free online test low and behold 5 trojan-flood viruses. happy days :tooth:

my last 2 question (honest!) has anyone got BitDefender AntiVirus? And is it any good?

oh that free online Virus Scanner

http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

Yeah, I use bitdefender, and besides the INSANE amount of time it takes to scan a large HDD its a great program...

Its found everything I've thrown at it, (*I use it at our school for computer repairs as well*)

Guest erico

Choice of AntiVirus program will depend on both your level of computer knowledge and whether or not you are willing to part with $$$.. If you really know what you are doing with your system try ESET. I have used it for two years now and not a single virus / trojan or malware has infected my system. I was a devotee of Norton previously. Norton is more of a mainstream program and it's GUI is quite intuitive.

Ya get what ya pay for or don't pay for.

cheers:)