Sign in to follow this  
alexfort93

Junk mail filter?

Is there a program that will automatically delete my junk mail so it won't show up in my inbox? I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird and the feature on it is not working.

I'd suggest looking into the settings in Thunderbird more closely. Last winter I downloaded and tried perhaps a dozen different applications to go with Outlook Express, and even paid for a one year subscription to one, only to delete them all when I got going on Thunderbird 2.

Did you configure the global settings, as well as the individual settings for each separate e-mail address?

if your email is from your ISP, or any of hte major email places like Google, Hotmail, etc, then turn on the junk mail filters there instead of inside your mail client.

yeah i get mine from comcast.. think it will be in there? i'll go look i configured the junk mail settings but it doesnt do what I want it to do

Be carefull doing it through your isp, I did that one time and I couldn't figure out why I wasn't receiving support e-mails from Asus.