The Torrent application out there

stinkpot

I would like to know what is the best Torrent application out there. The current Torrent application I have is Bit Torrent. Is there any application that is better than this?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transmission looks good. Know where I can find a feature list?

Generally uTorrent, or Azureus if that doesn't work. Latter takes more resources, as it uses Java.

For linux there is also rtorrent (command line and can be automated, there's a GUI frontend idr the name of), Ktorrent and Deluge.

I love azureus... very well made app, lots of features and the rumors about "mega-system hog" and the like are untrue... I notice no difference between having it running and not... I've read a lot of threads that solved those resource problems with some type of configuration change.

My favorite part is being able to set the priority of certain files in a torrent, or whether they download at all. Not sure if you can do that with µTorrent or not, I didn't use it long enough to find out...

What do you guys torrent? thought it was illegal :S

torrents in and of themselves aren't illegal; the transfer of copyrighted material without consent is.

A vast majority of torrents are for copyrighted material; but there is also a lot of legal material available through the torrent networks, such as http://www.publicdomaintorrents.com/nshowc...ml?category=ALL