Fan Monitor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried the free version of Everest, and it gave some fals info about my system, or it turned up unkown, and the benchies for memory don't include my cpu, so i kinda found it pretty useless. It was worth a look at though, thanks, Branjo. My mobo had pc probe 2 which i really like. It takes a few seconds from launching it for it to settle down and show correct values, but it seems more accurate., (seeing as how it was made for the board specifically.)

Yeah I was thinking more for nailzs as he has an NF4 and AMD chip, but everest ultimate edition has a reading for everything with a sensor on it. and the benchmarks section is very handy when quick testing overclocks.

Who said anything about monitoring the psu fan speed? The only fan speed I'm concerned with is the gpu fan (riva tuner profile), and cpu fan. It's got a silverstone controller on it and is adjustable. I have about 5 fan headers on this mobo, but i never use these headers to power any fan. Only to monitor. And i have 9 fans total. All of them can be monitored, but aren't. Too lazy or i can see if one stops. Take your pick.

I cut and tape up the power wires and just use the yellow monitor wire for cpu header. I power this fan with a molex connector. Have done that with all 3 builds after i burned out the power for the fan headers on my 1st build Asus board too...k8v800 deluxe.

Speaking of coffee, There's this great place in the next town over that sells fresh coffee from all over the world. You can even buy Hawaiin beans @ about $24 a lb.! Man, that stuff makes your hair stand up straight! But most other kinds are about $13 a lb. Pure, unblended. A couple x's a year i splurge and buy a couple pounds of beans from different countries and grind them up just before i make it. Delicious!

Even tried planting some...no beanstalk for jaz, though...:confused: