IP35 nonsense

Four disks and 2 drives.

Only abit would make a board with circulating LEDs, or one which cannot be flashed from windows that can't see floppies.

I just made a DOS bootable CD and put the stuff on. I'm not going to let the asus board win.

I've heatsinked and fanned most of the board, including the pwm. at 3060 MHz, 1.575v, it fails prime. This CPU did 3 GHz at 1.45v on an asus p5k. No memory settings do anything. The new BIOS has done nothing, and the floppy still doesn't work. I'm thinking of selling this to some sucker who isn't informed as much on how abit products post NF2 suck, and getting a second hand p5k. No use in a board that I can't even reboot without having to turn it off at the PSU and turn it back on..

edit; could this have to do with the fact that my PSU has only 4 pin P4 connector and not 8 pin? It wasn't a problem with the P5K, but the P5K is not an abit.

Now it's getting interesting

3.06 GHz @ 1.6v is less stable than 3.22 @ 1.5v.

Maybe since I have a 4 pin connector, higher voltages cause more instability? Would a PSU with an 8 pin connector fix this, or is this just the board sucking butt at dealing with high vcores?

Maybe I'll pencil mod it to get rid of vdroop if I can find one..