IP35 nonsense

a) When I reboot, it doesn't POST again until I fully turn it off and put it back on.

B) For no good reason, it won't do DDR1000 4-4-4-12 with memory specced to do so, that works in a DS3, an asus p5b, p5k.. so I'm using some other DDR1066. But this still makes no sense.

c) It passes prime for 3 hours, 600% memtest. I stop it. I go to check my email, and it bsods.

w t f ?

Is this board cursed? I know abit is cheap ., but this is driving me crazy.

Thanks. :)

I just got one too. I don't have the reboot problem though. Just the little thing where I can't install windows while in raid mode but I'm pretty sure my problem is a pebkac. I'm hoping there is a setting somewhere that i'm overlooking.

Unfortunately, this board is worth what I paid for it. :(

It doesn't even boot into overclocks that did 9 hours of prime on a p5k.

edit: half the dividers work like ., too.. like no boot don't work.

This board is like a parody of abit.

Another reason this board sucks. There are tons of warnings on forums and in the manual saying you can't flash from windows.

You can't from CD, either.

This is 2007. Almost the end of 2007. I don't own a floppy drive, nor am I ever going to pay $25 for something that only works with fvcking 1.44 megabyte disks. I can spend that on something worthwhile. Fans, maybe a nice lunch.

So flashing the BIOS isn't an option.

My IP35 Pro rocks.

E6600 http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showpost.p...77&postcount=75

Q6600 http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showpost.p...38&postcount=77

Its rock solid stable everything works perfectly & it cost next to nothing I give it 11 out of 10.

CN :)

A few tips :

Blow lots of air on the PWM with a quad & up your shutdown temps for CPU & PWM.

Don't bother with BETA BIOS 12 its unstable.

Don't bother with dividers above 1:1.20 unless you have outstanding ram.

Don't bother trying anything clever with RAM timings as this board does a fine job on auto.

Theres no need for CL4 unless you are benching CL5 pumps way more bandwidth due to being able to jump up from 1:1 to the next divider.

Just set 5.5.5.15 for your primary's & 30-50 for tRFC don't bother pulling the tRAS down it just makes it unstable with no performance gain.

I don't need a crazy overclock. This is just a secondary machine. I have 3.87 on my q6600 with 9 hours of prime on the p5k already, this B3 in the abit used to be raped @ 3.52 GHz. Now I'm hoping for 3-3.2 out of it.

You have the pro one, I think it's different.

I have two 120mm fans over the memory and mosfet portion of the board.. they're pretty loud, and zalman vga ramsinks on any part of the board that gets hot. It's caseless. I keep it pretty cool. Where and what is the PWM exactly anyway? I could put a vga ramsink on it and another dedicated 80mm fan on it if it is infact hot.

The memory timing stuff is good info, thanks. :) I finally found out what works with DDR1, and DDR2 came out.. I stopped messing with it, since the memory makes so little difference in real world application I use this PC for.

Thanks.

Another fun recent trend is random freezing while in the BIOS, on overclocks that passed 2 hrs of prime at 3.2.. with the FSB lowered by 30 right after. Sometimes even at stock. Sometimes right on the ABIT screen.

Worst board ever. :( In the many years of experience building DFIs, asuses, gigabytes, whatever... I've never met a board, defective or in good condition, this annoying.

My issue was resolved. Don't know how but I just started over installing windows and it worked just fine. Now I got my raid 5 all setup and formating right now. I probably won't know how well it overclocks for awhile seeing as how i'm using the stock cooler.